Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
Satori2046

Help needed / Link button position

Question

Site URL: https://octagon-garlic-ejcr.squarespace.com/

Hello friends,

My website is almost completed (finally 😄), but I have an issue with the location of one of my link 

Password is : sonatine

The "Commercial" button should be next to the "Fashion films" button but I cant figure out how to put it there. 

When I change the order of the pages in my pages settings,  it never find itself in the right position. 

Could anyone help me out ? I would be more than grateful. 

P.S : A picture attached with the actual issue. 

Thanks a lot !

Interface fix.JPG

17 answers to this question

Add to Home > design > Custom CSS

@media screen and (min-width:991px) {
header#header {
    max-width: 960px;
}
nav.main-nav.dropdown-hover {
    width: 100% !important;
}
div#topNav {
    width: 100% !important;
}
#topNav nav li:nth-child(4) {
    margin-right: 0;
}

}

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan. I work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. There are so many questions every day so I can't answer them all at once, I will try to answer them in the next few days.

Personal is enough

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan. I work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. There are so many questions every day so I can't answer them all at once, I will try to answer them in the next few days.

Can you share all code in Code Injection Header & Footer?

It looks like i helped you with code to align right commercial, about, icons =]]

Find this code in Custom CSS, change 7 to 6

#topNav nav li:nth-child(4), #topNav nav li:nth-child(5), #topNav nav li:nth-child(6), #topNav nav li:nth-child(7) {
    float: right !important;
}

Hello everyone and tuanphan ! 

The last code you gave me worked perfectly fine. 

But now I have an other issue after testing it out with a few friends. 

Depending of the resolution of the screen the visitors are using (1920x1080 and higher) this mess up the alignment of the three links "About" and the two "instagram" and "vimeo" button. 

Is there any way to fix this and to force other resolution to be correct ? Or should I just pick the resolution most commonly used ? 

Thanks a lot !

1980.JPG

118361958_336177130839392_6394396055512612739_n.jpg

You mean align with videos below?

Hello ! 

Normally the three links should be aligned with the edge of the video below. 

With the actual code, it works with 1920 x 1080 resolution, but when someone uses a bigger resolution, the links are pushed away : /

Thanks a lot in advance !

Your site is expired. You can contact Squarespace Customer Care to extend trial (free).

You can also contact me to do this :P

Add to Home > design > Custom CSS

div#topNav {
}

118908757_651326935509040_8846067654697937448_n.thumb.png.637d6e8bcf28f5d6d8bd878a9bb5ecf2.pngHello again !

Ok added the code at the end, hopefully its the right way ? It's still not working on a 2k resolution screen 😞

By the way, what kind of suscription do I need, business or personnal is enough if I want to use these css codes ? 

Thanks a lot !

.site-alignment-left.header-navigation-normal #topNav {
    width: 10%;
}
#topNav nav {
    width: 100%;
}
#topNav nav li:nth-child(4), #topNav nav li:nth-child(5), #topNav nav li:nth-child(6), #topNav nav li:nth-child(6) {
}
}

.site-alignment-left.header-navigation-normal #topNav {
    width: 62%;
}
#topNav nav {
    width: 83%;
}
#topNav navth-child(4), #topNav nav li:nth-child(5), #topNav nav li:nth-child(6), #topNav nav li:nth-child(6) {
}
}

#collection-5da886060ccc3012c4362989 .sqs-gallery-block-grid .sqs-gallery-design-grid-slide .margin-wrapper {
    margin-bottom: 0 !important;

div#topNav {
}
}

Edited by Satori2046

Hello Tuanphan !

After a test it actually worked ! Thank you so much no more issues with these links going crazy depending of the screen resolution

So I booked my annual suscription but an other issue just happened, the Instagram and Vimeo icon links dissapeared ?! : /

I'm using this technique (cf screenshots) but they dont appear on screen and I have no idea why. 

Thanks a lot again ...

1.JPG

Capture.JPG

Of course, thanks !

So I cant past the code, had to take a screenshot below  it seems its only a commercial or businness plan : /

So I guess none of them are working and it make sense since both buttons dissapeared when I suscribed to the personnal annual plan 😞

Is there any other way to have these two social link button at the same spot without having to pay 60 dollars more ?

Thanks a lot !

Header Code.JPG

Capture.JPG

There was a storm here.

Did you solve?

Hello !

Hehe here to, a big freaking storm 😛

So no I didnt manage to have my vimeo and instagram button on the upper right position as is used to be. : /

Any help would be appreciated

The site is out though : www.videodrome.me

Overloading.

I think this is possible in Personal Plan.

Saved the question. Will check again on this weekend.