Feedback on a furniture site

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not spent a lot of time on the site, but so far I have a couple of things. I don't care for the wide spacing of your nav bar links, folks don't like to move a mouse around that much, secondly the text above the image of the plane. Its yelling at me, make it lower case, and the wording more personable, less like a bill board. Furniture is a very personal thing, especially when you are restoring older pieces some of which may have been in a family for years and handed down. Appeal to that, to the love and memories that comes with an old chair or desk. Members of my family were  in the furniture making business for many years and I had an Uncle who did just what your site says you do, so I appreciate your work very much. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews

Hi. Thank you for the feedback on my site. Any feedback is much appreciated. I will make the changes to the site, which you mentioned. It is nice to hear that members of your family were in the furniture making business. Not many people are keeping traditional furniture making and restoration going. It is hard to get my site to reach the people who are looking for traditional services. I am always improving my site, to try and reach those who are looking for my services.

Thank you

• 2 weeks later...

@Craftedfurniture A lot of great stuff on your site, looks like you do some amazing work. I noticed some things that I want to point out and if you want me to dive deeper into this I can do so. But to start off with here are a few screen shots and corresponding ideas to fix them. Then the biggest thing I noticed was that on this page https://www.samryanfurniture.co.uk/restoration-gallery-wood-furniture-restorer-furniture-restoration-furniture-repair-woodwork-repair you really dont have a call to action on the page that jumps out at the customer. I would assume your goal is to have a potential customer on your website book time to speak with you or book an appointment to get work done? 

Next is this page https://www.samryanfurniture.co.uk/furniture-products-gallery-furniture-making-hand-made-woodwork-wooden-furniture 

Are you not selling these online? If not you should be, you have people on your website sell them an amazing hand crafted wood product. Here is a great article about how Starbucks used data they collected on customers to help them figure out that online sales are the wave of the future and now is the best time to jump on board the train. https://www.inc.com/justin-bariso/starbucks-pickup-is-a-smart-covid-related-adjustment.html

1) Text is too small 

2) I would change the color of the mouse or hover over to match the blue green color on the rest of the website

3) again text is too small 

4) text is too small and ver hard to read, along with being confusing. ( I would not say what the image is rather what the section below is OUR MISSION ) 

I hope that you can make these updates and get more out of your website, if you want more info please feel free to message me directly. I only spent 5 min. on your site and I would love to do a deeper dive if you would like some more tips.

- Justin S. 

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 4.06.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 4.07.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 4.08.04 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 4.08.17 PM.png

• 5 months later...
  • Susana_SQSP changed the title to Feedback on a furniture site
  • 2 years later...

I can see this thread is a little old, but I just checked out your furniture site, and it's looking really great! Nice job! I love the clean and stylish design, and the photos of the furniture are top-notch. It's incredibly easy to navigate and very user-friendly. The design is not only aesthetic but also quite original, which sets it apart. If I had to suggest anything, maybe adding some customer reviews could build trust. Speaking of furniture sites, there's another one I'd highly recommend from GardenFurniture.co.uk. I found it incredibly useful and functional. It's super convenient for clients on the hunt for the perfect furniture set. Give it a go!

Edited by Ahto_Kivimagi