Store/Shop Categories as Left Column

Site URL: https://littleboxestrial.squarespace.com/shop

Site pass: letmein

I read here that Squarespace allows you to "[Choose] where category navigation displays. It's not possible to hide the category navigation." But when I go into my Design options on the page, I don't see options to be able to do that. Does anyone know how I can make my categories appear as a list on the left-hand side of the page? Is there a way to do it with SS options I'm not seeing?

• Replies 6
  • Views 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello , i'm using Brine family template under squarespace 7.0 . If my eshop page is the one displayed, going to Design and find : products: sort & filter (translation from my french interface ) give me the ability to show or mask category navigation and put it on the right or left side of your page.

Capture d’écran 2020-06-05 à 13.20.47.png

On 6/4/2020 at 11:42 PM, kindandbrave said:

I read here that Squarespace allows you to "[Choose] where category navigation displays.

This is possible on certain 7.0 templates, but on Squarespace 7.1 it is not possible to change the position of the category navigation using built-in features/settings.

It may be possible to do this with code, but I couldn't test this on your site because the password above wasn't working.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

On 6/7/2020 at 5:13 AM, kindandbrave said:

@paul2009 Whoops! I recently changed the password. You'll first have to enter letmein and then it will reroute you to another password page. On the second page enter vendor2020. Sorry for the hassle! Thanks in advance for looking into it.

Best,
Abby

Have you solved it yet?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Archived