Template.conf changes not showing

Site URL: http://www.rupertlaycock.com/

I have added new page layout .regions to my template and I have updated the template.conf (json linter validated) yet the Squarespace UI isn't showing the new regions/layouts in the Page Layout Menu.

I added the homepage and about layouts years ago and they're visible. However, the new store and gallery regions won't show.

I also tested changing the name of my Home Nav tite to see if that would change in the Squarespace UI and it didnt...

Many thanks,

Rupert

{
	"name": "RLP",
	"author": "Squarespace",

"layouts": {
		"default": {
			"name": "Default",
			"regions": ["normal"]
		},
		"store": {
			"name": "store",
			"regions": ["store"]
		},
		"gallery": {
			"name": "gallery",
			"regions": ["gallery"]
		},
		"about": {
			"name": "about",
			"regions": ["about"]
		},
		"homepage": {
			"name": "homepage",
			"regions": ["homepage"]
		}
	},

"navigations": [{
		"title": "Main Navigation",
		"name": "mainNav"
	}, {
		"title": "Home Nav",
		"name": "homeNav"
	}, {
		"title": "Clients List",
		"name": "aboutNav"
	}],

"stylesheets": [
		"tweak.less",
		"global.less",
		"mobile.less"
	],

"systemCollections": ["events", "products", "album"],

"systemPartials": ["sqs-social-links"]

} 

• Replies 4
  • Views 988
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having the same issue. Did you find a solution?

Changes to my template.conf has not updated for hours.

It feels like all resources are cached more heavily server side recently.

After each change to a .css or .js file I have to force reload by re-saving code injects (by adding/removing white space) and re-saving design > site styles by changing something unimportant. If I don't do that it just keeps loading some serverside cached version of it.

Also un-attaching a domain name from one site and attaching it to another took more than 5 days to go through.

Hi you guys, how did you update the .conf file, via sftp or git?

I faced similiar issue when edit the files in template via sftp and it not update at all, there is a delay and I decided to update via git which went well. I think there is some issues with sftp at the time.

BeyondSpace - Squarespace Website Developer

🖼️ Lightbox Studio (Enable Pinch/Zoom on lightbox)
🗓️ Delivery Date Picker (Squarespace Date picker form field)
💫 Gallery block 7.1 workaround
🥳 Sparkplugin Customisations Browsers (Browse +100 Spark plugin customisations)
🥳 Elfsight Template Browsers (Browse +1000 Elfsight widget Templates)

If you find my answer useful, let's leave a like or upvote so others with the same issue can find their solution. Thank you!

@Rupslay

@Velin

After emailing Squarespace Support regarding a similar issue, I was advised that there is a problem with the Developer Platform and the SFTP connection. They have made their engineers aware of the issue and are working on a solution. @bangank36 is correct—the best way to reliably update sites during this time is through git. I made the original support request on May 20, 2020, and the issue with SFTP has still not been resolved. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/18/2020 at 8:36 PM, VirNinja said:

there is a problem with the Developer Platform and the SFTP connection. They have made their engineers aware of the issue and are working on a solution

I believe this should now be fixed.

On 7/13/2020 at 4:44 PM, mseymore said:

Fixed an issue where template updates via SFTP were broken or delayed.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived