I dont think my site ever gets noticed

• Replies 2
  • Views 835
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first thing I noticed is that titles are getting lost due to fonts and background are the same color or too close to the same color, white on white. The nav bar as well on project-gallery page.  That you should change for sure. The site is logical, not hard to navigate and shows off a lot of nice dresses. That's what you want for sure, just don't let the simple stuff get overwhelmed like a menu bar and banner text. 

• 2 weeks later...

@WendyBlack Your site is really great, it needs a few updates to make it more likely to get a user to have a good experience on. I have helped hundreds of business owners like yourself re-design or update their website helping them to become more successful. Please feel free to message me directly so that we can talk more about your pain points with your website and your business goals over the next 6-12 months.

Here are a few things off the top of my mind to help your website out:

1) The first image you see on the big beautiful banner the words are washed out, the menu also is very hard to see, these can be fixed by changing the color of the text or you can add an overlay to the image. 

2) I would say too much text, I look at this and think I don't know what is important and I don't have time to figure it out you have about 5 seconds to get someone to make a decision and mine immediately was that I don't want to read this. SOLUTION: if you break up the text more into easier to digest sections it will help the user to make a decision and read more about you and your amazing company. 

3) If you see the menu is washed out on the drop down, this should have an overlay in white or any color you want to choose so that you can see all of the menu. 

4) In the shop drop down you have NEW PAGE which is a non designed page that I would remove. 

5) I would finally suggest that you make a page that if someone clicks on shop they come to a page that has images with text overlay of each shop category that you have so that they will be directed to the appropriate page rather than directly to the bridal page which is the default of how squarespace works you click on the folder and you will be directed to the first page in the folder. 

Look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best!  

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 4.25.24 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 4.24.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 4.25.00 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 4.25.10 PM.png

Archived