Transfer G Suite from WordPress Account to Squarespace

Site URL: http://laureninowicki.com

TL;DR: Is there anyway to transfer a G Suite account purchased through WordPress to Squarespace? (Domain has been transferred from WP to SS)

Years ago I built my website using WordPress . com since it was cheap and simple. A few months ago, I purchased my GSuite email account through WordPress using my WordPress domain. Recently, I decided that I wanted to put more effort into my website and made the switch to Squarespace (LOVE IT) and I transferred my domain from WordPress to Squarespace easily. I cancelled my WordPress plan so it is now "domain . wordpress . com" but want to shut down my WordPress account all together. Since I purchased my G Suite through them, I can't do that and Im essentially paying an extra $6 a month for the email through them and by having the Squarespace plan that allows for a G Suite account. I just want to have my website and email all in one place and on one bill. I'm hoping there is a way to keep my G Suite as it is so I don't lose any info on it or have to set it up all over again but move it to Squarespace where my domain now is. Is there any way to do that?

• 9 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I'll throw in here. A client of mine accidentally severed the connection between Squarespace and Google Workspace. SS has a partnership with GW which you set through SS.

Once the connection was cut we had to set up payment through Google as SS could not reconnect to GW.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 10 months later...

Disclaimer: I'm an animator from the Netherlands and not a professional website builder.

I successfully transferred the domain "successanimation.com" from Wordpress.com to Squarespace. However, now my free wordpress domain "stefangoedhart.wordpress.com" also links to my Squarespace site which isn't what I was expecting because I only wanted to transfer one domain. Can I point the free domain back to the old wordpress blog?

I'm also quite surprised that the domain that I just transferred is still listed on Wordpress with auto-renew turned on. Can I safely turn that off or will that affect Squarespace? I also have my e-mail already set up through Wordpress/Google Workspace and I can't seem to figure out how to transfer it to Squarespace without losing my inbox.

3 hours ago, StefanGoedhart said:

I also have my e-mail already set up through Wordpress/Google Workspace and I can't seem to figure out how to transfer it to Squarespace without losing my inbox.

You cannot transfer a Google Workspace account to Squarespace.

If you have set up a Workspace account through a third party, you can either continue to manage it through the same third party or you can disconnect Workspace and then manage it through Google.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

1 hour ago, paul2009 said:

You cannot transfer a Google Workspace account to Squarespace.

If you have set up a Workspace account through a third party, you can either continue to manage it through the same third party or you can disconnect Workspace and then manage it through Google.

Thank you paul2009,

One more question: I also successfully transferred my domain from Wordpress to Squarespace. I cancelled my Wordpress plan and it now says "Expires on April 3, 2023". Can I also click on "Remove Plan" on Wordpress or will this affect Squarespace? I noticed that my Squarespace domain renews On March 19, 2024 despite the fact that I bought it this month in December. So, is Wordpress still needed in any way the next few months.

(Remove plan is not the same as cancelling a plan)

Edited by StefanGoedhart