Code Injection effecting other elements

Site URL: http://www.usaveteranmovers.com

Hi all,

I'm trying to add a review widget from Bawkbox. I've tried adding the code as a box, and that shows the widget nicely but the button does not work. 

I've also tried using code injection on the specific page but it messes up my entire header. I know very basic code and am not that familiar with Squarespace, so this is a little over my head.

If anyone knows how to fix this so at least one of these options works, that would be so helpful! Thank you!

Here's the code:

<h2>What People Are Saying.</h2><!-- Start BawkBox Code--><script data-sil-id="5ec5a6a6c6c2ee0011acb35f">var loadWidget = function() { var d = document, w = window, l = window.location,p = l.protocol == "file:" ? "http://" : "//"; if (!w.WS) w.WS = {}; c = w.WS; var m=function(t, o){ var e = d.getElementsByTagName("script"); e=e[e.length-1]; var n = d.createElement(t); if (t=="script") {n.async=true;} for (k in o) n[k] = o[k]; e.parentNode.insertBefore(n, e)}; m("script", { src: p + "bawkbox.com/widget/star-rating/5ec5a6a6c6c2ee0011acb35f?page=" +encodeURIComponent(l+''), type: 'text/javascript' }); c.load_net = m; }; if(window.Squarespace){ document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', loadWidget); setTimeOut(function(){ document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', loadWidget); }, 3000) } else { loadWidget() } </script><script type="application/ld+json" src="/widget/star-rating/5ec5a6a6c6c2ee0011acb35f/microdata"></script><div class="sil-widget-star-rating sil-widget" id="sil-widget-5ec5a6a6c6c2ee0011acb35f"><a href="//bawkbox.com/install/star-rating">Customer Reviews</a></div><!-- End BawkBox Code-->

• 6 months later...

@BETresses

Please post the URL for a page where the submit button is not working.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so. Post the password here.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 1 year later...
On 12/27/2020 at 3:26 PM, creedon said:

@BETresses

Please post the URL for a page where the submit button is not working.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so. Post the password here.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Hi creedon, was this problem ever solved please? I'm planning to use the same widget but want to prevent any issues like this one, so please let me know! Thanks

17 minutes ago, MQQ said:

was this problem ever solved please?

I don't know. It wasn't addressed in this thread.

I'm planning to use the same widget but want to prevent any issues like this one

I suggest working on a page in the Not Linked area of Pages. That way you can tinker out of the view of your site visitors. If you do have issues, point us the that page, and perhaps we might be able to help.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.