Delivery confined to postcode or area

I am in the same boat. we offer free local shipping with in 5km radius and so many people select it when they are on the other side of the city. It causes friction asking them to pay for postage after the transaction. 

• 4 weeks later...

Site URL: http://kingfisherfarmshop.com

My shop is not yet live on the website but hidden. We have a Farm Shop in Surrey, UK and we would like to offer Grocery boxes, Gift Hampers and flowers for local delivery only (we deliver in our vans and do not want to offer nationwide delivery). 

I have recently upgraded to the Advanced Plan, Commerce and yet I have just realised that SquareSpace only offers postcode restrictions in the USA and Canada and this is an important part of our website. 

Is anyone able to tell me whether we can employ a SquareSpace expert to make it possible to limit the postcode delivery area for our online customers? (We are in the UK)

Site URL: https://www.magnificentmarrow.co.uk/

I've created a commerce website, which works great, however we are now expanding and offering nationwide shipments within the UK as well as out local deliveries- I want to set up the website so that the first page the customer lands on, it asks for their postcode - once the postcode is submitted in then filters the options that are available to them. Is there an integration or a way of doing this within squarespace? Any help greatly appreciated.  

Edited by Pinklady

Squarespace only includes a solution for North America. It isn’t possible to code a solution into the checkout for other parts of the world because Squarespace lock this down. If, like many others, you are struggling with this issue, please log a ticket with Squarespace Customer Care so that they know how many users this affects worldwide. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 months later...

Same problem here since we ONLY deliver fresh flowers within 5km in Barcelona city and we can't figure out a way to set a shipping zone.

I've already contacted costumer service and if you are struggling with the same issue (needing to set up a shipping zone out of US or Canada) as @paul2009 suggested, i kindly encourage you to contact costumer service as well.

Does anyone know if there's a plugin or app that can do this job and work well with squarespace platform?

Thank you in advance. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

I have a site I would like to add different delivery costs per order depending on postcode (it's for delivering hampers etc i.e orders in advance).  

Is there a plugin that I can add to Squarespace that will let me enter for example: for these postcodes charge $ for all other postcodes charge $. 

Thanks,

Leanne

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Our business is in the UK and we can only deliver locally.

If people enter a postcode outside of our delivery area I want them to not be able to go any further at checkout.

Squarespace does not let us set up restrictions at checkout in the UK. Is there away around this?

Thank you.

• 1 month later...

This is unbelievable. My website is a waste of space (literally if I can't select certain delivery suburbs).

Is there any workaround for this in Australia. I'll have to get a refund if this is the case

• 3 weeks later...

I have set up this workaround for some of my clients: use the Product Variant option rather than shipping. It's a hack-y workaround, but it can work in some cases. You could use the same approach to offer free zones. See my reply and link to demo here:

P.S. Not sure if you're still seeking a solution but @FLORESTUDIO and @Renata and @SavorGoods a couple of workarounds that you could use to deter invalid purchases is to (A) Set up an Announcement Bar to indicate that you only deliver to a certain area, and then link the Announcement Bar to a page showing exactly where you do deliver. And then (B) set up a Custom Field in the checkout that forces users to tick a box to indicate that they are definitely in that region. I know it's not ideal, but combined they should help limit the number of invalid orders you get.

Edited by usingmyhead

Hi there,

One of my clients has asked if he can setup shipping sones for specific post codes in London. I've seen that this is possible with Zip codes in the US - https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205811238. I just want to check you can limit it down to NW1, SE1 etc, rather than 'All London'. Please let me know if this is possible, many thanks!!

This isn't possible yet.

It's one of the limitations of Squarespace Commerce that I listed.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a couple of clients with Australian based florists that I've built sites for, however they're finding the shipping restrictive as they offer local delivery only. It doesn't seem to matter how many disclaimers we put on their sites, the customers tend to ignore and put in invalid post code shipping options. (The current set ups are delivery radius and price as a flat rate they can select at shipping or the other is post code that they select, flat rates for each area.)

I'm looking into workarounds so that we don't have to switch platforms however I'm not having much luck.

So far the most promising option seems to be the Shopify buy now button, however I'm unsure of the shipping options with that button, so thought I'd ask here to see if anyone has integrated that button with luck, or found alternative solutions?

My clients would ultimately like to have restrictions within their Squarespace checkout to say "sorry, not available in your area" when they input a delivery address.

Any help appreciated!! Thank YOU!

On 9/27/2021 at 6:47 AM, kellicox90 said:

I have a couple of clients with Australian based florists that I've built sites for, however they're finding the shipping restrictive as they offer local delivery only.

Hi Kelli

I hear you. This is one of the major limitations of Squarespace Commerce that makes it less suitable for these types of local delivery businesses. The bad news is that this feature isn't likely to be added to Squarespace any time soon. It's been on my list of commerce limitations for three years and I think it's likely to remain unresolved for a long time to come.

If you'd like to provide me with details of the sites, I'd love to take a look at them and see if anything can be done. In my experience, not all "local delivery" problems are the same. Each store will have their own specific challenges. Some clients only require a relatively simple way to filter out addresses by postcode, whereas others require delivery time slots or complex solutions that limit the number of orders per time-slot, with exceptions on certain days and so on. 

On 9/27/2021 at 6:47 AM, kellicox90 said:

So far the most promising option seems to be the Shopify buy now button, however I'm unsure of the shipping options with that button

Regarding, Shopify, I'd argue that Buy Buttons have their place in the market, but they aren't a 'silver bullet'. They will allow you to dip your toe into the feature rich (and therefore steep learning curve of) Shopify but you'll need to move to the full Shopify platform to take advantage of local delivery features that you're looking for.

Edited by paul2009
edited for clarity

19 hours ago, paul2009 said:

Hi Kelli

I hear you. This is one of the major limitations of Squarespace Commerce that makes it less suitable for these types of local delivery businesses. The bad news is that this feature isn't likely to be added to Squarespace any time soon. It's been on my list of commerce limitations for three years and I think it's likely to remain unresolved for a long time to come.

If you'd like to provide me with details of the sites, I'd love to take a look at them and see if anything can be done. In my experience, not all "local delivery" problems are the same. Each store will have their own specific challenges. Some clients only require a relatively simple way to filter out addresses by postcode, whereas others require delivery time slots or complex solutions that limit the number of orders per time-slot, with exceptions on certain days and so on. 

Regarding, Shopify, I'd argue that Buy Buttons have their place in the market, but they aren't a 'silver bullet'. They will allow you to dip your toe into the feature rich (and therefore steep learning curve of) Shopify but you'll need to move to the full Shopify platform to take advantage of local delivery features that you're looking for.

Thanks for your reply Paul. Yep super frustrating that the Aus. shipping is so limited with Squarespace. The site that's particularly having issues is www.pennyblossomflorist.com. I've seen the workaround of each shipping area being a product variation, which might work... but I feel it could be clunky. It also looks like SF digital are developing an extension for SS users to combat this issue but there's no indication of a release date. I've also seen the postcode check widget, but I don't think it actually restricts anyone, I think it's just an indicative tool. Any further suggestions would be very appreciated. 

Do you know if the postcode restrictions are available with the Shopify option? I've worked with Shopify but only on full projects so I'm not sure of the capabilities of the button.

Thanks so much again!