Add Store Credit to Customer Accounts

Site URL: https://mushroom-finch-l53e.squarespace.com/

Is it possible to add credit to a customer's account so that when they purchase items at check out, that amount is automatically deducted from their transaction? I work for a company that sells art classes and sometimes if a class is canceled we give the students a credit rather than a refund to avoid having to pay back the transaction fee. I'd love to transition from the current platform we use over to squarespace, and I've built a pretty nice framework for a better site here, but I'll need to be able to transfer the credits that our existing customers have on their accounts over to their new account on squarespace. I can't seem to find any way to do that here or on stripe. Please help if you have any ideas! Thanks so much

• Replies 6
  • Views 5.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can issue them with a gift card. When redeeming a gift card code at checkout, customers will see the card value subtracted from their order total. Until September 1st 2020, these are available on all commerce-enabled plans. 

Gift cards are normally available on the Commerce Advanced plan but they are temporarily available on the all commerce-enabled plans until September 2020. Customers can redeem gift cards as long as your store is live.

For more information, see: Selling gift cards.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 3 weeks later...

paul, how would one "issue" the card? I'm interested in this option as well.

I don't believe there is an interface to assign a customer a gift cert is there? So, I'd have to technically purchase and send to them as the recipient? But i don't want to charge myself the $25 so I'm assuming I could create a 100% coupon code to use when purchasing? Is this how you'd do it or am I overlooking a simpler option?

• 3 weeks later...

I'm trying to "purchase" the gift card as if I was a customer and pay with an 100% off Discount Code. However, I do not see where I can enter the code to get the discount. My only option is to actually purchase and pay for the gift card with my credit card.

Suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2020 at 8:57 PM, zbastin said:

I do not see where I can enter the code to get the discount.

Squarespace removed all custom fields from the gift card purchase process, including the discount code field. The only way to obtain gift cards, is to pay for them.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

2 hours ago, TheLivewellMedia said:

I believe it was a limited time offer, now we all have to purchase the gift card upgrade

That’s a different thing. The offer is available on all commerce-enabled plans until September 2020.

Archived