Unable to change default image on the blog template

I am having trouble with my template. I am using the one called "Pazari" and when I set up a blog post I am unable to change the thumbnail image. I went to the help page and there is no place to add or edit an image in the same area. I am also unable to edit the "it all begins with an idea" area of that page. Please help, thank you! 

Screen Shot 2020-05-31 at 5.57.44 PM.png

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to delete the image then you can upload a new one. Go into config, Select pages , go to blog page, go to post, there is a list of posts on the left, hover over the image, edit shows up, click that, a panel opens up where you can edit and there may be a small block  that shows up that says post edit, it it does click it, either way choose the options tab, delete the image that is there, upload your own which you may want to do in addition to an image block as the first thing on a blog post. 7.1 will not make the first image a thumbnail as 7.0 does unless changed, that is one major difference. 

When in config/pages/ and you select the blog page, the list is on the left, you hove over a blog post and on the right of that panel you will get  the word edit over the word delete. Click the edit and then the panel shows up and choose option. If wanting to change a blog post title you choose the blog you want on the left open up then click the word edit on the top left of your screen, hover over your post title, You should see a blinking vertical line in the title, just delete all that is there or if blank start typing. 

Hi Tori,

I've solved it!

Thank you Derrick! 

Go to Pages in the Main Navigation on the LEFT panel. Click on your Blog Page. The four blog post titles will appear.

Click on Edit (above the Delete button) on your Blog Post Title One. It will then open your individual blog post title one page. It will say Blog Post Title One in the bar at the top of the page.

Click on the wheel icon (next to the dinky mobile icon) on the top RIGHT hand side of the page. An insert panel called Edit Post will appear with a whole of choices like - Content, Options SEO etc.

Click on Options. Go to Image Editor and delete (using the bin icon) the lovely default mountain/lake image.

Then upload your fabulous new image.

Click Apply.

Then at the top LEFT click on Done and SAVE.

Sorted!

Good Luck!

• 3 months later...

Hi Tori,

Where you ever able to get the "it all begins with an idea" text removed?

I am having the same problem and can't figure out which button I need to push to get rid of it.

I have attached my image, I am not sure what else one would need to know to assist me as I am not tech savy.

But thank you to anyone who can assist.

Alex

Screenshot (698).png

Click on the blog page, list of blog posts comes up on the left with little thumb nails,  click the three dots next to the blog post you want to edit, choose settings on the little window that comes up, then options in the panel that comes up,  you change the blog title image there and the excerpt text which I think will say It all starts with an idea. 

And these instructions If wanting to change a blog post title you choose the blog you want on the left open it up then click the word edit on the top left of your screen, hover over your post title, You should see a blinking vertical line in the title, just delete all that is there or if blank you jus type. 

Archived