Displaying large amounts of data

Site URL: https://www.mcran.com

This has been something I have been dealing with since using yola.com and WordPress. I have many radio shows of mine going back to 1988. I host a jazz radio show so I have a lot of archival material. Shows, interviews, playlists etc... They are all audio files which reside on my hosting providers servers. I could put the playlists in a text file for each year with a link to the playlist file for a given year if that's possible.

I use html to link to them on my website. My issue as always been how do I display all of this content so it looks good on desktop, tablet and phone?

Should I keep the playlists separate or with the audio file for each show. Doesn't look that good when viewed on a phone. I'm toying with having a page for each year. At the top of each page I have the months Jan Feb Mar etc... When a visitor clicks on a month you quickly jump to that month for that year. I have anchor tags setup for this.

I was also thinking of having a separate page for years. So I would have 2020 2019 2018 etc!!! On each year page would be a link to the years page. The years page looks great on mobile.

I would love a lot of honest feedback regarding my website. I want it simple and clean as possible. My home page may look drab but it's simple. Any ideas hear would be welcome!!

Thanks for the help and advice!!! 😀

• Replies 0
  • Views 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived