Taking pre-orders without the credit card

hello there me and my family run a small bakery which opens every Friday since we are a small business

we would like to use square space in order for our customers to preorder the items so we will have a rough estimate

on how much of each item we need to make my question is: is it possible to use square space to preorder without using a creditcard

and without shipping right now we are doing it with google docks and its really feels like hell

thanks ~itamar84

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is exactly what we need! Similarly, we are a chocolate company that can fulfill orders on our end, and we certainly need to calculate our own shipping, but we want to accept Wholesale orders as if they're a form, not a cart to checkout. We basically need a way to have orders submitted, fulfilled on our end, and not charged through Squarespace. I'm amazed that for food providers, large and small alike, this is not an option. 

Hey @itamar84!

While accepting pre-orders requires a credit card, you could look into using product waitlists instead, if you do not want to charge in advance. 

Check out this guide, it explains how waitlisting products works:

https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/360035947211/

Essentially, this is a way of recording interest and collecting contact information from the users who are interested in the product and would like to be notified, once it is in stock and available to order. 

Hope this helps!

Archived