Having trouble getting small & clear resolution of my client's logo

Go to solution Solved by paul2009,

Hi everyone,

I'm currently having some trouble trying to get a small but clear resolution of my client's logo on her site, even though the original resolution of her logo is sharp & clear (around 1500 - 2000 pixels)

I'm trying to reduce the logo pixel size to around 250 - 350 pixels while still retaining its sharpness.

Despite numerous attempts in reducing / re-sizing the original logo, converting it to other formats (e.g. JPG), cropping the image etc, the logo either appears large and clear (i.e. the original size) or small & fuzzy.

Any ideas on how I can reduce the size to make the logo small & clear instead?

I'm using the Brine template Squarespace version 7.0.

Regards,

John C.

• Solution

If the image is larger than 1500 pixels wide, resize it to 1500px and save as a .png file that is less than 500KB in size. Add the image file and then resize it using the Site Styles panel. For more information see Adding a site logo.

If you have difficulties after this, please provide us with a working link to the site so that we can see the issue first-hand. If your site isn't live yet, please set a site password and tell us what it is. Without this, trial sites are hidden from view.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, SofiaColor said:

I'm having a similar issue. Any ideas?

I suggested some steps above. If you've already tried these, please provide a working link to the site so that we can take a look.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 month later...

OK, same issue here. Website is: resumeinsider.net\

Brine template.

I've fallen down the rabbit hole so many times looking for a resolution. Made a one-pixel transparent logo and put an SVG image on top of it. Played with size and added CSS. Nothing works for me.

fuzzy logo snip.PNG

<table style="width: 430px;">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td width="288" style="width: 420px;">
<p style="color: #43414e;">Heather Hamilton</p>
<p style="color: #43414e;">Founder, Resume Insider</p>
<div style="color: #bc8420;">
<p><a href="https://resumeinsider.net/" style="color: #43414e;">Website</a>&nbsp; |&nbsp; <a href="https://www.facebook.com/resumeinsidernet" style="color: #43414e;">Facebook</a>&nbsp; |&nbsp; <a href="https://www.linkedin.com/in/heatherhamilton/" style="color: #43414e;">LinkedIn</a>&nbsp; | <a href="https://about.me/heatherhamilton" style="color: #43414e;">About me</a></p>
</div>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

On 8/4/2021 at 9:31 AM, SofiaColor said:

my client's logo looks fuzzy, not sharp at all.

Have you tried setting the width of the logo container (in Squarespace settings) to a fraction of 1500 - for example 375px? You currently have this set to 281px.