Feedback on a site promoting waste consciousness

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice use of 7.1, color scheme is very attractive. Layout is nice, I find the font size a tad to small for me personally. I had to set my Chrome zoom to 110 percent. I use a 15 inch laptop set at high res. 1920x1080 with windows viewing at 125 percent. 

I like the vertical lines on the shop page nav bar and I like the active nav link underline, I use that effect myself on my site. I see you are taking advantage of the built in search feature. Nice use of that as well. Other than the text a bit small, I think you have a well thought out, attractively designed site. 

my random views derrick Lee parker

Hafa Adai! It looks great. My 2 cents - you can automate the free shipping so they don't need to use a code, which allows a bigger font and therefore more impact on the bar. I agree with Derrick that font size could be a little bigger, as its easier to read and feels friendly. And you have a cap H in CHamoru in your story. Greetings from Amsterdam (I'm married to a Chamoru)

• 2 weeks later...

@maisaguam The site looks amazing first off and my input is very minimal, your company looks amazing and you are making some great products for the planet keep up the good work!

1) The first image I think the background image or the text color need to change it looks very washed out in my opinion and most likely hard to see for some people. 

2) This text is way too small and impossible to read (im on a 15 inch macbook and I can barely see it)

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 4.18.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 4.19.49 PM.png

Looks good!

Paragraph font is very small and had to zoom in on my browser to be able to read it. Loving the colors and the visual feel you have on your site. I'd recommend to increase the base size of all the fonts. I'm using iMac Pro which has a big screen, and it didn't help.

I also agree with Justin414 that the text color versus the background color is lacking contrast. Perhaps make those white or make the background darker?
waste consciousness and mindful consumption.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2020 at 2:03 AM, Gilbert said:

Hafa Adai! It looks great. My 2 cents - you can automate the free shipping so they don't need to use a code, which allows a bigger font and therefore more impact on the bar. I agree with Derrick that font size could be a little bigger, as its easier to read and feels friendly. And you have a cap H in CHamoru in your story. Greetings from Amsterdam (I'm married to a Chamoru)

Hafa Adai! What a small world! Please give her my regards from home. 🙂

How do you automate shipping? I've tried doing this by adding an option at checkout but people who fall below the threshold to qualify for free shipping end up clicking it without reading. 

On 6/18/2020 at 9:22 AM, Justin414 said:

@maisaguam The site looks amazing first off and my input is very minimal, your company looks amazing and you are making some great products for the planet keep up the good work!

1) The first image I think the background image or the text color need to change it looks very washed out in my opinion and most likely hard to see for some people. 

2) This text is way too small and impossible to read (im on a 15 inch macbook and I can barely see it)

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 4.18.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 4.19.49 PM.png

Thanks! Would you mind checking both now? I increased paragraph font size in the second image and maxed overlay opacity in the first. Does it help in your opinion? 

On 6/19/2020 at 5:34 AM, kerttu said:

Looks good!

Paragraph font is very small and had to zoom in on my browser to be able to read it. Loving the colors and the visual feel you have on your site. I'd recommend to increase the base size of all the fonts. I'm using iMac Pro which has a big screen, and it didn't help.

I also agree with Justin414 that the text color versus the background color is lacking contrast. Perhaps make those white or make the background darker?
waste consciousness and mindful consumption.

I just fixed this... would you mind having another look to see if its now any better? 

On 6/28/2020 at 2:35 AM, maisaguam said:

Thanks! Would you mind checking both now? I increased paragraph font size in the second image and maxed overlay opacity in the first. Does it help in your opinion? 

The sand color image, looks like you have that sand color as the overlay, I would get rid of it or switch it to white, or black and see what it looks like. 

The green image looks much better! 

On 6/28/2020 at 2:05 AM, maisaguam said:

Hafa Adai! What a small world! Please give her my regards from home. 🙂

How do you automate shipping? I've tried doing this by adding an option at checkout but people who fall below the threshold to qualify for free shipping end up clicking it without reading. 

Hi — It is a small world. My son is in Guam at the moment visiting his grandma. Here is where it shows you how to automatically apply discount defined by a 'trigger' https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205811178#toc-select-a-trigger

I think it only works on Commerce Advanced plan though. Good luck!

C

Archived