Code injection into header not visible

Hi Guys,

I've been trying to inject coding into my header to link a "Timely" bookings button.  I've injected the code required from my booking software into the header field but it's not showing over the header.  When i'm flicking between pages i get a glimpse of it in the top corner but then disappears when the rest of the header loads, its almost like its sitting behind everything else.

I tested in the footer and it showed fine.  Is there a way to make it visible and to be able to move it to a different position?  Ideally i would like it to sit next to my contact button or even in it's place if possible while moving the Contact link to the footer.

I've managed to get the link into the body of my Home page but would prefer it in header site wide.

Any ideas would be magic.

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi thanks for the interest, sorry I didn’t see this earlier.

link: www.freyjabeautyboutique.com  pw: PleaseHelp

code is :

<script id="timelyScript" src="//book.gettimely.com/widget/book-button-v1.5.js"></script>
<span id="timelyButton"></span>
<script>new timelyButton("freyjabeautyboutique", {"style":"dark"});</script>

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/24/2020 at 5:45 AM, MMEbyKiandraTrickett said:

Having this issue too.. The button isn't visibly showing at the bottom of the services page, but if you hover around you can click the link and the feature works?

And no, the button colour isnt white!

ogg.squarespace.com/services

Anyone have an update on this?

What is access password?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2021 at 12:55 AM, ambitdesign said:

I'm in the process of figuring this out. It seems the Book Now works on two of your buttons but not in the one in the top right of your site @MMEbyKiandraTrickett, is that correct? I will report back when I figure it out.

It didn’t work in any! I had to create an image the same look as the site and then just upload it.. really annoying because it doesn’t have the hover over effect and you can kind of just tell.. keep me updated!

This thread explains how to embed Timely links and keep the popup functionality (on desktop):

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived