Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Selling a Physical Product that comes with a Digital Download (digital product)


FittoFlye

Recommended Posts

Hello,

I am looking to bundle a physical product with a digital product on my Squarespace store. Is this possible? I won't be selling the physical product alone, but I would like to sell a digital program that you can purchase with a physical product that is needed to use the program. 

My plan: sell a fitness guide with workout bands. I would need the purchase to send the digital download link, but would also need shipping info to send the physical product. Can I do this?

Link to comment

Hi FittoFlye, 

Considering what you are trying to achieve here, you may want to consider adding a Product Block with the corresponding digital product under the product additional info

Another option would be using the Related Products feature, which is a premium feature available in the Commerce Basic and Advanced plans.

For any further questions about this setup, you can reach out to the Squarespace Customer Support team, who can offer personalized support anytime.

Link to comment

Hello! that is helpful but doesn't solve one issue. I do not want to sell the physical product without the digital product. Is there a way to have the digital product cost $0, but not display on my shop? or that it comes to $0 when added to the cart?

Link to comment
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2020 at 10:21 PM, FittoFlye said:

I am looking to bundle a physical product with a digital product on my Squarespace store. Is this possible?

This is not possible on Squarespace commerce, at least not without a workaround. it's true that you can purchase a Squarespace Campaigns subscription to allow you to send product specific emails. Of course these wouldn't include a customer specific digital download link that expires after a period of time or after a specific number of downloads, but it may help. There's an additional charge for Campaigns.

We are hoping that product-specific commerce notification emails will be possible in the near future so that this is possible natively. In the meantime, you may want to consider using Shopify Buy Buttons on your site. On Shopify, as well as creating digital products, you can attach a digital download to products that are already in your online store. This includes physical products.

I hope this helps.

   If a post helps you, please click a "Like" option below  ↘️

Edited by paul2009

sf-digital-signature-logo-email145.png.46606a2288a2847f44d81b9b7b58f3a5.png
Hi! I'm Paul, an independent Squarespace Consultant since 2007 and founder of SF Digital, building the features that Squarespace didn't include. Our mini-extensions allow you to pick dates in any format, show prices in other currencies, take orders without payment or improve your cartI value honesty, integrity, transparency and respect . Links in my posts may refer to SF Digital products or may be affiliate links.

Link to comment

@LRKIf your customers won't need to pay for the digital product that you'd like to "attach" to the physical product and so you can have the process of sending the digital product automated, you might want to have a look into using Email Campaigns and setting up an automated campaign. As a note, Automated campaigns are available on some Email Campaigns plans. Check out this Squarespace help article for more details:

Sending automated campaigns

For any further questions you might have, please reach out to Squarespace Customer Support for personalized support. 

Link to comment
  • 2 weeks later...

I’m also interested in it. I need the customer to choose himself whether he wants a service (which is a manually adjusted digital file, thus cannot come with a download link, and thus no shipping fees) or a printed product (with shipping fees), or both at the same time (with shipping fees). What shall be done to make it possible?

Edited by terentyev
Link to comment
  • 1 month later...
On 10/16/2020 at 5:15 AM, SusanaR said:

@LRKR If your customers won't need to pay for the digital product that you'd like to "attach" to the physical product and so you can have the process of sending the digital product automated, you might want to have a look into using Email Campaigns and setting up an automated campaign. As a note, Automated campaigns are available on some Email Campaigns plans. Check out this Squarespace help article for more details:

Sending automated campaigns

For any further questions you might have, please reach out to Squarespace Customer Support for personalized support. 

thank you! I went ahead and set up an automated email with a free download code. This method adds additional steps that do not streamline the purchase process, but it definitely helps! I appreciate your assistance.

Link to comment
On 10/26/2020 at 1:07 AM, terentyev said:

I’m also interested in it. I need the customer to choose himself whether he wants a service (which is a manually adjusted digital file, thus cannot come with a download link, and thus no shipping fees) or a printed product (with shipping fees), or both at the same time (with shipping fees). What shall be done to make it possible?

I haven't sold services yet so I'm not sure, but it certainly looks like you cannot bundle them with physical or digital products.

I set up a physical product and mentioned in the description that any purchase of said product would entitle the buyer to a digital download of a new album. As soon as someone purchases, they get an automated email with a free download code. I just set up an automated email using Squarespace's email campaign tools and it seems to be working.

The biggest drawback of this is that it adds annoying extra steps for the buyer.

It would be great if there was a payment completion page that included a place for direct downloads of content. Like, have a photo of the physical product on the left with an order confirmation number, and a message that says, "Thanks for your purchase! Your order will ship out soon. In the meantime, click the link for your instant digital download."

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

×
×
  • Create New...