Selling a Physical Product that comes with a Digital Download (digital product)

Hello,

I am looking to bundle a physical product with a digital product on my Squarespace store. Is this possible? I won't be selling the physical product alone, but I would like to sell a digital program that you can purchase with a physical product that is needed to use the program. 

My plan: sell a fitness guide with workout bands. I would need the purchase to send the digital download link, but would also need shipping info to send the physical product. Can I do this?

Hi FittoFlye, 

Considering what you are trying to achieve here, you may want to consider adding a Product Block with the corresponding digital product under the product additional info

Another option would be using the Related Products feature, which is a premium feature available in the Commerce Basic and Advanced plans.

For any further questions about this setup, you can reach out to the Squarespace Customer Support team, who can offer personalized support anytime.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2020 at 10:21 PM, FittoFlye said:

I am looking to bundle a physical product with a digital product on my Squarespace store. Is this possible?

This is not possible on Squarespace commerce, at least not without a workaround. it's true that you can purchase a Squarespace Campaigns subscription to allow you to send product specific emails. Of course these wouldn't include a customer specific digital download link that expires after a period of time or after a specific number of downloads, but it may help. There's an additional charge for Campaigns.

We are hoping that product-specific commerce notification emails will be possible in the near future so that this is possible natively. In the meantime, you may want to consider using Shopify Buy Buttons on your site. On Shopify, as well as creating digital products, you can attach a digital download to products that are already in your online store. This includes physical products.

I hope this helps.

If a post helps you, please click a "Like" option below  ↘️

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

@LRKIf your customers won't need to pay for the digital product that you'd like to "attach" to the physical product and so you can have the process of sending the digital product automated, you might want to have a look into using Email Campaigns and setting up an automated campaign. As a note, Automated campaigns are available on some Email Campaigns plans. Check out this Squarespace help article for more details:

Sending automated campaigns

For any further questions you might have, please reach out to Squarespace Customer Support for personalized support. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’m also interested in it. I need the customer to choose himself whether he wants a service (which is a manually adjusted digital file, thus cannot come with a download link, and thus no shipping fees) or a printed product (with shipping fees), or both at the same time (with shipping fees). What shall be done to make it possible?

Edited by terentyev
  • 1 month later...
On 10/16/2020 at 5:15 AM, SusanaR said:

@LRKR If your customers won't need to pay for the digital product that you'd like to "attach" to the physical product and so you can have the process of sending the digital product automated, you might want to have a look into using Email Campaigns and setting up an automated campaign. As a note, Automated campaigns are available on some Email Campaigns plans. Check out this Squarespace help article for more details:

Sending automated campaigns

For any further questions you might have, please reach out to Squarespace Customer Support for personalized support. 

thank you! I went ahead and set up an automated email with a free download code. This method adds additional steps that do not streamline the purchase process, but it definitely helps! I appreciate your assistance.

On 10/26/2020 at 1:07 AM, terentyev said:

I’m also interested in it. I need the customer to choose himself whether he wants a service (which is a manually adjusted digital file, thus cannot come with a download link, and thus no shipping fees) or a printed product (with shipping fees), or both at the same time (with shipping fees). What shall be done to make it possible?

I haven't sold services yet so I'm not sure, but it certainly looks like you cannot bundle them with physical or digital products.

I set up a physical product and mentioned in the description that any purchase of said product would entitle the buyer to a digital download of a new album. As soon as someone purchases, they get an automated email with a free download code. I just set up an automated email using Squarespace's email campaign tools and it seems to be working.

The biggest drawback of this is that it adds annoying extra steps for the buyer.

It would be great if there was a payment completion page that included a place for direct downloads of content. Like, have a photo of the physical product on the left with an order confirmation number, and a message that says, "Thanks for your purchase! Your order will ship out soon. In the meantime, click the link for your instant digital download."

• 1 year later...
17 minutes ago, ConflictGames said:

two years and we still don't have this functionality? Can someone update this thread? 

Can you clarify the functionality that you need?

The original poster wanted to bundle a physical product with a digital product. If you need the same thing, it doesn't exist and there are no known plans to add this.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

If you need the same thing, it doesn't exist and there are no known plans to add this.

Are you kidding me?

Does Squarespace realize they are in a competitive space and their competitors have this functionality.  This prevents a lot of businesses to package and bundle their goods and, for me at least, is a great motivation to move to shopify. 

Edited by ConflictGames
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I would greatly appreciate it if Squarespace could provide me with a way for customers to purchase both digital and physical products in one transaction. I want to avoid making the download free and minimize the number of steps required for the purchase process. Unfortunately, I cannot attach a file to a picture tap in an email campaign, so I have resorted to using a password-protected page and separate email campaigns for each individual product that requires this feature. As a satisfied user of Squarespace's website builder, I believe this functionality would be extremely valuable to me. I have already upgraded to the advanced plan, and I kindly request that Squarespace addresses this issue.

4 hours ago, 3DSupercarBricks said:

I kindly request that Squarespace addresses this issue.

To make a feature request, please contact Squarespace Customer Care using a support ticket. Squarespace teams don't routinely monitor this forum for feedback (see the guidelines - item 6).

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 10/11/2020 at 3:27 AM, paul2009 said:

This is not possible on Squarespace commerce, at least not without a workaround. it's true that you can purchase a Squarespace Campaigns subscription to allow you to send product specific emails. Of course these wouldn't include a customer specific digital download link that expires after a period of time or after a specific number of downloads, but it may help. There's an additional charge for Campaigns.

We are hoping that product-specific commerce notification emails will be possible in the near future so that this is possible natively. In the meantime, you may want to consider using Shopify Buy Buttons on your site. On Shopify, as well as creating digital products, you can attach a digital download to products that are already in your online store. This includes physical products.

I hope this helps.

If a post helps you, please click a "Like" option below  ↘️

Hey Paul,

I am a musician and a web designer for musicians. I too have been looking for SquareSpace to add this to the store.  As it is, it's a very clunky workaround. I tried Shopify - way too expensive, as they have too many "extensions" that cost extra. I don't like Shopify at all. ( yet another shop to connect to Squarespace).
I LOVE Squarespace, but not having the flexibility to sell Digital and physical products together is frustrating to my clients as well as myself. 

Thanks.

19 minutes ago, KoriLinaeC said:

I LOVE Squarespace, but not having the flexibility to sell Digital and physical products together is frustrating to my clients as well as myself. 

Have faith Kori 🙂.