Domain not connected!

Site URL: http://grapefruit-tambourine-pwf4.squarespace.com

My domain is still not connected after 2 weeks, and it keeps telling me that I have an "A record" that I should remove from my DNS, but I do not have that record!

My domain is from Namecheap. The record Squarespae tells me to remove is " 192.64.119.200", I looked it up and it points to namecheap in NYC, idk if that means anything, but again i do not have this record on my namecheap DNS. Does anyone know how to solve it?! Thanks a lot!!!!

See the attachments for reference.

Screenshot (14).png

Screenshot (15).png

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi SandOkinawa, 

Looking at your screenshots, it seems that you have a redirect in place for your domain that is leading that extra record to show in red in the DNS checker within your Squarespace site and your domain not to be properly connected to Squarespace. If you aren't using that redirect for any particular reason, I'd recommend that you delete it, so the domain can correctly point to Squarespace. 

As a note, it may take up to 72 hours after you have adjusted your domain DNS settings for that extra red record to stop showing up in the DNS checker and for your domain to be correctly pointing to your Squarespace site. This is due to the propagation time of the domain records across the Internet.

Also, I'd like to point out that for any questions you may have regarding setting up your Squarespace site, Squarespace Customer Support team is more than happy to offer personalized support anytime.

Archived