Apply Automatic Discount by BOTH "Orders Over" along with "Products by Category"?

For the love that is all of humanity, pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaaseeeee .... is there ANY WAY to apply an Automatic Discount by BOTH "Orders Over" along with "Products by Category"?! I really need to set an automatic discount where if a customer buys any products of a specific category and orders over a certain amount that they get a discount. Is there any code? Plugin? ANYTHING to make this happen. Why SS does not make this happen is beyond me!!

• 5 months later...

Unfortunately, this doesn't seem to be possible. I just tested it a while ago by setting up automatic discounts for both Orders Over and Products by Category. Interestingly, the cart applied the automatic Products by Category discount even though the amount is a lot lower than the Orders Over automatic discount. (I think I've read that the cart will apply the larger discount but it doesn't seem to be the case...or I could be wrong and remember incorrectly.) SS discounting feature needs improvement and it's been one of the things I've been frustrated with, especially since the store pages were upgraded in October. All my previously set discounts stopped working and I had to re-set everything. Also you can't run more than 3 automatic discounts at any given time -- I have mentioned this to SS support and she said while the engineering/technical team hasn't addressed this issue since I observed this in early October, she simply guesses it's intentional. (IMO, store owners should be able to run more than 3 automatic discounts because we each have our own selling strategies in place. SS doesn't know our customers/audience like we do and we should be able to set automatic discounts without being limited.)

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...