Carson 7.0 to Zion 7.1 transfer issues!

Site URL: http://www.amybrammall.com

Hi everyone! Wondering if you can help with this please?

My site: www.amybrammall.com is a Carson template from 7.0. I love how it works and looks but I cannot have lightbox in this template so I am forced to moved to 7.1 and Zion. I would really like it to look exactly the same but I can't get it right. 

One: On Zion, is it possible to have an index slideshow that always shows up 'Overview, Commissioned, Personal' and the images behind are the only thing that moves ala my original site?

Two: On Zion, Can I remove the white header and have it transparent and move the images up of the gallery so that the logo and site links are not on any banner whatsoever and hovers over the images itself ala my original site

The Carson site I have now is perfect bar the lightbox issues and Squarespace tells me that a lightbox isn't possible but is getting Zion exactly like Carson possible?

Thanks in advance!

• Replies 1
  • Views 653
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, it is not. It would take a tremendous amount of code. Carson is very unique, Zion, a 7.1 site is inspired by Brine 7.0 family of templates but is not as flexible. 

Carson is a great template, one of the most unique in the 7.0 stable. The lack of a lightbox was an issue for me too. I chose to build on Wexley for that reason as opposed to Carson for a client. 

I think you would have more room to make Foster or better yet Pacific (a one page template)  in 7.0 look like Carson and still have lightbox  capability. Lets see if my opinion is shared by others here. 

Archived