Setting product cut-off times for ordering

Hi, we have a site selling meals for order and have been asked to provide options for school lunches - so there will be a set meal option per day - and we need to ensure that the 'Wednesday Meal' cannot be ordered after 4pm on a Tuesday (for example) - is there a way to do this per product? I can't see any documentation and no real search results on this, so assuming a custom implementation is needed - has anyone done this or know the best way to handle it? Thanks

• 11 months later...

There is no SS user interface provided for this behaviour. However SS does provide an API and it may be possible to build a system that would manipulate the inventory in the desired manor. But given that there aren't any answers here it seems likely that no has spent the effort/money to develop such a system. Or at least they're not talking about it!

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.