PayPal requires my customers to log in

I am in the process of setting up the commerce part of my website, and recently linked my PayPal business account to my squarespace website. I chose PayPal because of their updated option for using the platform to pay directly with your credit card and not having to log in to your PayPal account. I am trying to simplify the process for my clients as much as possible. Unfortunately it doesn't seem, that squarespace have updated this option as well, as it always asks the client to log into their PayPal account to complete the purchase. Is there a work around this? (Services type product).

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 13.59.43.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 14.00.21.png

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Customers should see this window (an actual screenshot from a Squarespace checkout using PayPal):

pay-with-paypal2.png.e1bc91cf2d9f63600c952ddacd7d6278.png

If this is not what they see, I suggest that you check the configuration of your PayPal account first, and if everything is correct, contact Squarespace Customer Support to see if they can help. You can reach out to them here.

Let us know how you get on.

-Paul

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply.

I followed your advice and went on my Paypal business account and realized that I need to add Smart Payment buttons to my website (they provide you with an HTML code). I don't see where I can input that code yet on my site (Picture attached). 

I will also contact squarespace support. 

Thanks,

Rami

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 18.18.12.png

6 minutes ago, ramimansour said:

I went on my Paypal business account and realized that I need to add Smart Payment buttons to my website.

This isn't the case with Squarespace. The Squarespace checkout already has the necessary code installed; you cannot add more code to the checkout. Best to contact Squarespace Support.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

Archived