How To Stop Our Brand Being Added To SEO Title

• Replies 5
  • Views 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Jose,

After the pages were completed for SEO 14 days ago they were resubmitted to Search Console then. What we wanted was:

"Ready Made Vegan Food | . . . . "

However, what we get coming up on the Google listing is:

The Brook: Ready Made Vegan Food | To Your Door | At Events

The software appears to be putting the brand at the beginning - which we do not want.

I would appreciate your guidance to get the wording we want please.

Thankyou

Neil

Hi Elyman, 

Considering what you are describing, I'd recommend that you review the SEO title formats for your site, to ensure they are set up in the way you would like to have info displaying on search engines. Check this Squarespace help article for more specifics:

Changing title formats for SEO and browser tabs

If you make any changes to these titles, then asking Google to reindex your site would be the best approach, so you can have the most updated info to display in Google Search results. 

As a note, the amount of time it takes for the re-indexing of your site to take effect, it's entirely dependent on Google and outside of Squarespace control.

Hello,

I have read the information in the link which suggests our setting should be %p - which it is. As we are providing an SEO my understanding is that the site title will not show. Please can you clarify that this is right.

Is there a way I can provide our site address, if you don't already have access, so that you can check this please.

Thankyou

Neil

Archived