How to change template/style from Falodu to Julia

Site URL: http://lamaekerclay.com

I'm new to squarespace and am quickly learning that I made a rookie mistake. My 2 week trial ended a couple of days ago and I was still working on my site but knew I wanted to go with squarespace so I paid for my annual subscription. I found myself not being satisfied with how my site looked and stumbled upon the Julia template. I have since learned that since I have version 7.1, I can't switch templates as easily as 7.0. 

Does anyone have any recommendations on how to change the style of my site to match the Julia template? I know they say that they all share the same template and that there isn't a need to change templates, but I can't figure out how to design a layout that will match the framing that the Julia template has. 

Can anyone shed some light on this? I feel silly that I didn't find the template while I was still in the trial period, but they really hid those old templates and I stumbled on them kind of by accident. I know there's an option to start all over, but I paid for the annual subscription and really don't want to lose out on that money. 

• Replies 3
  • Views 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Julia is a 7.0 template. 7.1 is a horse of a different design. The best way to do this, is to start a new trial, which doesn't need a new account, just chose  Juila and you will have two sites, build on Julia, activate it at end of two weeks, move your domain from the first site when ready, and then cancel it. This may sound a bit hard but folks here do it a lot. I have a trial site (one of six sites on my account) that I am working with now myself. 

You may find that working with 7.0 is not as easy as 7.1 or that Julia is great, that is the whole point of a trial and why you can have one anytime you want to try a new template. 

2 hours ago, derricksrandomviews said:

Julia is a 7.0 template. 7.1 is a horse of a different design. The best way to do this, is to start a new trial, which doesn't need a new account, just chose  Juila and you will have two sites, build on Julia, activate it at end of two weeks, move your domain from the first site when ready, and then cancel it. This may sound a bit hard but folks here do it a lot. I have a trial site (one of six sites on my account) that I am working with now myself. 

You may find that working with 7.0 is not as easy as 7.1 or that Julia is great, that is the whole point of a trial and why you can have one anytime you want to try a new template. 

Okay I'll try that! If I do decide that I like the Julia template and decide to transfer my domain, will I have to just buy everything all over again after the trial ends? I'm not paying monthly, I'm paying annually. So that would deter me from wanting to even try out the new template out of fear that I'll actually really like it, haha.

Archived