Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
jlama

Change the Color of a Secondary Navigation Button (Brine)

Question

Looking to keep one button solid and other one outline only. Squarespace Design allows only for one button change.

Any CSS code out there for this?

11 answers to this question

Can you share link to your site?

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan. I work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. There are so many questions every day so I can't answer them all at once, I will try to answer them in the next few days.

Difficult to help without checking site url.

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan. I work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. There are so many questions every day so I can't answer them all at once, I will try to answer them in the next few days.

I managed to change it to outline but now the hover effect aint working. hELP

Here is the CSS code I used:

//NAVIGATION BUTTON COLOR CHANGE
.Header-nav-item[href="/lets-eat"] {
    background: transparent !important;
    border: 2px solid #B98847 !important;
  color: #00000 !important;
}

19 hours ago, jlama said:

I managed to change it to outline but now the hover effect aint working. hELP

Here is the CSS code I used:

//NAVIGATION BUTTON COLOR CHANGE
}

remove !important

Looks better on the homepage but now when I go to other pages , my second button shows orange text when it should be white. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 6.58.48 AM.png

5 minutes ago, jlama said:

Looks better on the homepage but now when I go to other pages , my second button shows orange text when it should be white. 

Screen Shot 2020-05-20 at 6.58.48 AM.png

try this code to create both hover effect

}
.Header-nav-item[href="/lets-eat"]:hover {
    background: red !important;
    border: 2px solid red !important;
  color: green !important;
}

So much better! Now I have to change the default button text color to white see if it gets better on the other pages.

On 5/20/2020 at 9:44 PM, jlama said:

So much better! Now I have to change the default button text color to white see if it gets better on the other pages.

Have you solved yet?