Portfolio layout is making my images dark?

Hi there,

I have a portfolio page where project names run across the screen. When you hover over a name, it shows an image (I'm using the "Hover: Follow Cursor" portfolio layout). However, I notice that the image is darker than what I uploaded. I'm sure it's a dark overlay effect but I can't seem to figure out how to turn it off or change the opacity to be transparent. Any insight?

I've inserted a screenshot of what my website looks like. When I hover over "Mock Album Covers," it brings up the image (a series of three squares) which is actually transparent. As you can see, the transparent parts have been darken—leading me to think this is an overlay, which I don't want.

Example.png

• Replies 1
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay wow, so I actually fixed it lmfao. I found this topic which provides this code:

.portfolio-hover-bg-overlay {
  display: none !important;
}

Put it into Custom CSS in the Design tab and it should remove the overlay! See the image I've attached to this comment. I'm gonna leave this topic up for those who run into this problem in the future.

Example 2.png

Archived