How to move product description & price ABOVE an image

• 4 months later...

@leeplusmy3 Please give us the URL to one of your product pages.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so. Post the password here.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

Hi Thomas..thank you for replying.. here is the url: https://www.fromtheheartofojai.com/shop/p/lotions

Password: swpw

On mobile devices this page turns into a list..we would like for the product price & description to be before the product gallery..

Also could you take a look at this page: https://www.fromtheheartofojai.com/shop/p/seasponges-loofahs

We are trying to figure out why the "&" symbol turns up as "&" on DESKTOP. Thank you for all your help!

seaspong&loofah.PNG

On 10/17/2020 at 11:04 AM, leeplusmy3 said:

We are trying to figure out why the "&" symbol turns up as "&" on DESKTOP.

This looks like a bug in SS to me.

2017877905_ScreenShot2020-10-17at1_49_57PM.png.4c40caca945200acc8922df7d58d4e3d.png

As we can see the & has been encoded weirdly. It looks like they have & stored and then encoded the & once again.

With a little Javascript we can fix those up as a workaround.

Please see Store Page Improperly Encoded Ampersand Fix.

Let us know how it goes.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

That worked! see attached photo..thank you!!

Please let me know if it's possible to have the product price & description placed above the product gallery on the mobile setting..again, on mobile, the product pages display as a list with the gallery first & the price/description below it..I attached a photo.

It is fine that the "additional info" section is below the gallery..

seaspong&loofah.PNG

mobileview.PNG

6 hours ago, leeplusmy3 said:

On mobile devices this page turns into a list..we would like for the product price & description to be before the product gallery.

My initial thought is this one is not easily solved with a few lines of CSS or Javascript. The issue is that the structure of the page doesn't lend itself to a few simple changes.

Can it be done? I think yes but not easily.

2 hours ago, leeplusmy3 said:

Are you meaning that this is how squarespace has the page hardwired for mobile?

Desktop or mobile the structure of the page is the same. It is a responsive design that allows the details on the right to slide under the images when the screen gets to small.

2 hours ago, leeplusmy3 said:

would choosing a different template make this easier to achieve?

All v7.1 sites share the same template so that isn't an option. Please see Templates second paragraph.

I suggest keeping that on your to do list and watch this thread to see if perhaps someone has already explored in this area. Also try searching the forums and the web.

• 8 months later...
On 7/13/2021 at 7:24 AM, RAD_Design said:

@tuanphan wondering if you can help with a similar issue I'm having...

I'm trying to get the headings and price descriptions for all products to sit above the images on my product page:
https://www.tommystips.com.au/store-services

PW: SOME2021@

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

It looks like you solved for first 2 products. Do you still need help?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)