How to add picture to blog?

I can't see your site without a password, but I am assuming you want an imge in the blog post listing.  In 7.1 Go to pages in edit mode select blog, then choose the post you wish to edit. Up on the header of the blog is a gear icon, choose that and a panel comes up with content in the window. An image can be inserted there by hitting the insert dot and adding an image or gallery block among many other options. At the top of that panel is an options tab to the right of content. There you add a thumbnail image which shows up in a blog summary block. You also have the option of adding a separate social sharing image for FB or other sites. 

7.0 works pretty much the same way, except when you choose edit from the list of blog posts it opens that panel right then. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for try to help, but I still dont get how to get picture on main blog page..)sorry, but I wanat to understand. 🙂

1. Thats is my webside screanshoot (there are good oportunity to see pictures already in first view), the same view I want to build on blog chapter. 

image.thumb.png.a728855d63e099ea5aa2147fae0a2241.png

2. Thats how its looks now, unfortunatlly without the picture:(

image.thumb.png.23cc55b1abdbfa6048bfb937055509a1.png

I want to add picture like this, but I cant do it...or I cant find tool how to do it....

image.thumb.png.f9d42196e0e86ed70d3896d148eec290.png

3. When I  press "Read more" then opens blog text and also picture. But I want that picture shows already on listing part as small/ medium icon. 

image.thumb.png.6dccbef8d19bc1499e0550afd042d1ee.png

Thank you for your help in advance (step by step):)

regards,

Laura

I gave this answer to another member with the same question and just as confused. 

I can understand the confusion. Let me see if I can help you out. Images can go on the blog page header and also as the header of each post. So lets start at the very beginning of a blog post  with the very first thing you do.  Go into config, choose pages, then choose blog page. At that point the blog "summary" page comes up on the right with  a list of posts on the left.  The blog summary page  isn't the same thing as a summary block on a page, which is important to know. At that point you create a blog post, by clicking the + sign at the top of the left side of the page or if you have a blog post then you would want to go into edit. That is done by choosing the little thumbnail down the page under that + sign and click edit. Once you do that the post opens up, and at the very top of the page you have the title of the post or a note that says no title. You can click on that or on the gear icon on the top right corner of the page. The edit mode panel opens for the post. There you enter your title and where it says "write here", you hover over that and an insert dot shows up, click that dot, another smaller  panel opens with all kinds of blocks and options in it, one of which is an image block. You add one of those and edit it to add a picture which will show up on the post but not on the main blog "summary list" page, not yet anyway. To get that to happen choose the options tab in that  blog post edit panel. There you have a little window that says upload, if its empty, or edit if it isn't. If you want a new image, delete the one that is there and upload a new one.  Save everything once you have your pic uploaded, you save by choosing done. 

There you have it, not as simple as pie, but not that bad of a procedure. If you need any more help don't hesitate to post here and ask. 

Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey guys! After searching I finally got this figured out. 

Go to the blog page, go to edit mode. And then you can look for the grey bulbs on the right hand side of the screen. Click the grey bulb and you will be able to add an image. Seems to have slightly limited editing capabilities compared to other image options, but at least you can get an image in there. 

Hope that helps anyone else who stumbles across this post. Cheers!

Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 11.04.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-03 at 11.05.32 AM.png

• 6 months later...

Straight forward instructions:

1. In Pages, click Blog.
  2. Next to the blog post in the left panel, click the ellipse (...) next to the post.
  3. Click Settings.
  4. Click Options from the left panel.
  5. Upload a thumbnail to the post.
  6. Click Save in the top left corner.

649016815_ScreenShot2021-06-08at8_20_12AM.png.7dcae5bc21a63f8e372606c6912c6225.png

Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 8.15.51 AM.png

Edited by allieruby
  • 10 months later...

For anyone still stumped by this issue with newer SqSp, I believe I've found a manual solution. Design -> Site Styles -> Under "Blog Styles" Switch "Blog Layout" to Left Side Bar. This will move all your blog posts into a right-shifted orientation from center. This will also create an empty edit-able box on your main blog page. Within this new column along the left side, add your photos 1 at a time and after each photo, ad a spacer tool to push the photos up or down so they sit next to each corresponding blog post.

Screenshot (1).png

Edited by F0urL34f
  • 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...

It is exactly what JuniperHospitality said above, except on my Templte it isn't a grey dot, it is a blue (+) add symbol to add media like a pict below or above the text on the page.

I had the same problem, now it is solved! When the user clicks on "Read More" in my blog they get to this 'secondary' subpage, and I can upload/show portfolio screen shots, etc and add more copy.

Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 10.38.27 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 10.42.11 PM.png

Edited by sov
spelling mistakes