7.1 Portfolio background hover effects not working - BUG?

Site URL: https://hidano-demo.squarespace.com/

I'm in the process of building a new site to switch to 7.1 from the old platform, and I'm trying to use the portfolio function. One of the options is:

Hover: Background - Displays the sub-page titles in a stacked or inline layout. When hovering over a title, the sub-page thumbnail replaces the section background.

You can see the exact scenario on the Hidano demo https://hidano-demo.squarespace.com/ which is set to Hover: Background in the settings. 

Shouldn't the background change when you hover over the sub page titles (availability, amenities etc)? Nothing seems to happen for me. None of the portfolio hover options work in fact. I'm using Chrome. 

Am I understanding it incorrectly? 

Thanks for your time.

Edited by unfmblk
On 5/22/2020 at 10:27 PM, lieslmaduro said:

Have the same problem. This seems like a bug? But Squarespace helpdesk says they can see the hover effect on my site. 

Yeah! They sent me a video of it working too. They told me they're investigating further... 

What device are you using? I'm on a Surface Book, perhaps it's being misinterpreted as a touch device. It works on my desktop PC, but my Surface Book.. nothing. It doesn't work in Chrome, Edge or Opera. 

• 1 year later...

Having the same problem. Worked yesterday. today it no longer changes background when hovering over different portfolio sections.

System:

Chrome Version 96.0.4664.45 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Edition    Windows 10 Pro
Version    21H1
OS build    19043.1348
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

Same results when testing on Microsoft Edge

16 hours ago, ep_aia said:

Having the same problem. Worked yesterday. today it no longer changes background when hovering over different portfolio sections.

System:

Chrome Version 96.0.4664.45 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Edition    Windows 10 Pro
Version    21H1
OS build    19043.1348
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3920.0

Same results when testing on Microsoft Edge

Can you share link to page where you have problem? We can take a look

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 7 months later...
On 7/20/2022 at 1:43 AM, Radostina said:

it's an old post but for anyone like me who ended up here after searching about this issue the answer is:
If you are opening the website on a device with touch screen (even a laptop) the hover effects don't work.
Explained here: https://support.squarespace.com/hc/en-us/articles/205815398#toc-hover-effects

Thank you. 

I've been losing it trying to figure this out!