Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
JeffreyA

Gallery - can't rearrange images or add descriptions

Does anyone else have this issue? Dragging the images around is very touch-and-go for me. I usually have to add the images in one round, then refresh the page, open the edit again, and sometimes I'll be able to rearrange them with drag-and-drop.

Additionally, when I add a description and a link and save the page, it saves the changes maybe 50% of the time.

See attached video.

I've tried in Chrome, Safari and Firefox - all of them have the same issues. I've also tried in private / incognito windows to rule out browser cache or cookie issues.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to report this. I'm building a website for a client and I have A LOT (hundreds) of images and galleries.

Yes I have this exact issue. First it alerted me that my pngs were too large so I downsized them....which helped but didn't get rid of the issue entirely. Also, I'm with you...there's a place for a "description" but it doesn't populate anything right now -- specifically in the lightbox, or anywhere else: hover, etc.

On 5/16/2020 at 10:28 AM, artgirl81 said:

Yes I have this exact issue. First it alerted me that my pngs were too large so I downsized them....which helped but didn't get rid of the issue entirely. Also, I'm with you...there's a place for a "description" but it doesn't populate anything right now -- specifically in the lightbox, or anywhere else: hover, etc.

SS just updated gallery caption yesterday. You can try again ;) ✌️

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer.

How to Setup Password & Share URL  Armadillo - Free portfolio template

On 5/27/2020 at 2:44 AM, tuanphan said:

SS just updated gallery caption yesterday. You can try again ;)

It's still incredibly buggy for me.

• Drag and Drop doesn't work
  • Updating description doesn't work (I'm using a hack to show the description below the image, and it works IF the description is saved, but it rarely is)
  • When uploading multiple images, a few of them are blank after uploading

I'm really starting to regret my decision to use SS... I literally can't do my job. Will not recommend to anyone in the future

My current workaround is to install this paid plugin from a third-party to bring Gallery Blocks back to pages: https://www.squarewebsites.org/products/squarespace-admin-ui-tweaks

The Gallery Blocks work SO much better. You can add title and descriptions, upload is consistent and drag-n-drop works flawlessly. I think Squarespace should just bring back Gallery Blocks to pages. The Gallery Sections in 7.1 are just way too buggy.