Integrating a Third Party Calendar

Site URL: https://www.templeemanuel.org

I have a calendar that is currently in Outlook 365.  That is where it is updated on a regular basis.  I am trying to do 2 things.  1) Add this calendar as a calendar block on to my website and 2) be able to sync it periodically so it contains accurate information.  Anyone know how to do this?  I found this on another Squarespace website.  I was told I need to use a custom css code to do that. Hoping for an easier way unless someone can share how to do it.  Thanks! 

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 7.11.54 AM.png

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, JeanneMartin said:

I would LOVE to know how you did it.

Can you be more specific?

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

I have a calendar that is currently in Outlook 365, which is where it is updated on a regular basis.  I am trying to do two things.  1) Integrate this calendar as a calendar block on to my website and 2) be able to sync it periodically so it contains accurate information. jkm1968 asked this question and when I checked out the site in question it looks as though they figured it out and the calendar integration looks great. I just wanted to know how they did it.

4 minutes ago, JeanneMartin said:

I have a calendar that is currently in Outlook 365, which is where it is updated on a regular basis.  I am trying to do two things.  1) Integrate this calendar as a calendar block on to my website and 2) be able to sync it periodically so it contains accurate information.

Thanks for clarifying. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but it isn't possible to link an external calendar service with a Squarespace Calendar or an Events page. It is only possible with Squarespace Scheduling.

The site you've mentioned is using a standard Squarespace Calendar Block. It cannot be linked to Outlook 365.

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

35 minutes ago, JeanneMartin said:

I know that a Google Calendar can be embedded into a SS site, it just looks really bad

Perhaps you misunderstood my comment? To clarify, it isn't possible to generate entries on the beautiful built-in Squarespace Calendar Block by linking it to an external calendar; there's no option to link it to something else. Of course you can embed a third party calendar on a Squarespace page, but the challenge is to find one that looks good.

• 4 months later...
On 5/15/2020 at 8:13 AM, jkm1968 said:

Site URL: https://www.templeemanuel.org

I have a calendar that is currently in Outlook 365.  That is where it is updated on a regular basis.  I am trying to do 2 things.  1) Add this calendar as a calendar block on to my website and 2) be able to sync it periodically so it contains accurate information.  Anyone know how to do this?  I found this on another Squarespace website.  I was told I need to use a custom css code to do that. Hoping for an easier way unless someone can share how to do it.  Thanks! 

Screen Shot 2020-05-15 at 7.11.54 AM.png

@jkm1968, What did you end up using for your websites calendar? It looks great! 

Thanks so much,

Ryan