Feedback from other creatives?

Hi all

New to Squarespace after having it recommeded by other people in my industry. I just wanted to see if there are any other creatives out there who have found a good template that combines the benefits of a portfolio site as well as an online store. There's a lot that are one or the other but I want to put equal weighting on both features, if that makes sense - rather than a store dominating, or people not being able to find said store because it's buried underneath portfolio work!

Somewhat vague I know, and to show the depth of my  inexperience - can portfolio templates be customised to add online stores as an alternative?

Cheers
W

• Replies 1
  • Views 573
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The answer is yes but with a question for you.

Depends on your choice and what you want to do. A commerce business plan sounds like a must and the question is,

How much control do you want?

There are two design platforms to choose from with a lot of "sub choices" to consider. 

7.0  is a more controllable platform to build on as far as the look of your site. 7.0 has many families of templates, all very unique from each other. Each developed for a certain type of use, for photography, blogging, fashion, etc. You can take a closer look here: https://www.squarespace.com/templates?onboarding_v7_1_0819=control 

The 7.0 Brine template family with over 40 starting designs to choose from has been very  successful for all kinds of bushiness including  online retailers and artists who sell their work. I have two service business sites built on Brine. I have one Photographer site built on Wexley and one built on Avenue, which happens to be my own. I have one vacation resort/home site built on Avenue as well. 

7.1 is one template with multiple named starting design layouts. Inspired by the Brine Family of 7.0, You can take a closer look here: https://www.squarespace.com/templates

It is important to take time to look at these templates, especially the 7.0 ones. Check out the demos and look at the examples of user sites. If you have more questions don't hesitate to ask. 

my random views derrick Lee parker

Archived