Code I wrote is appearing in top left corner of page

• 1 year later...

@tuanphan

Having the same problem of seeing a bit of the code in the top left corner of the page when adding code to the advanced page css. Any suggestions?

For clarity: I am using the page advanced css specifically over the universal css because I need different links to be a different color - per page. I found it easier to go page by page and specify which link needs to be the different color, versus a universal css for each page. 

Thank you!

@MCMatheny

Please post the URL for a page on your site where we can see your issue. If I had to guess there is a syntax error in your code or it's not wrapped in a style tag <style>[your css here]</style>.

If your site is not public please set up a site-wide password, if you've not already done so.

Post the password here.

Adding a site-wide password does not allow anyone to alter your site. It only allows those with the password to see your site. Please read the documentation at the link provided to understand how it works.

Please read the documentation at the link provided on how to share a link to your site to understand how it works. A link to the backend of the your site won’t work for us, i.e. a url that contains /config/.

We can then take a look at your issue.

Edited by creedon

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

@MCMatheny

In Settings > Advanced > Code Injection > HEADER I suspect you have code that looks like the following.

/* BTW NAV */

<style>

.header-nav-item a[href="/beyond-the-win"] {

color: #03c2fd !important;

}

</style>

The BTW comment is outside of the style tag. It needs to be inside similar to the following.

<style>

/* BTW NAV */

}

</style>

Or alternately you can change the CSS comment into an HTML comment.

<!-- BTW NAV -->

<style>

}

</style>

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 3 months later...

Hello, 

I also have a problem with a bit of CSS code displaying on the top left corner of the home page. I have added the CSS code in 3 different places, but the problem persists even if I remove all added code. I can't find where else I have this "leftover" code. 

CSS code: 

1. Settings - Advanced - Inject code - Footer to add a button to get back to the top 

2. Design - CSS - Added code to add shadow to fixed header

3. On page Code - #anchor code to the "get in touch" button

URL: https://emerson-grey-fefl-site.squarespace.com/config/pages

Password: Emerson-G-Test

Please, help!

Thank you, 

Marina C Neves

creativewebdesign.studio

6 hours ago, MarinaCN said:

I also have a problem with a bit of CSS code displaying on the top left corner of the home page.

Given that the curly brackets are only showing on the home page I'm thinking the code you are looking for is in Page Settings > Advanced > Page Header Code Injection for the page. Please see per-page code injection.

The code you are looking for is something close to...

{<style>
h4 {   
color:#da9203;   
font-family: Quando;   
font-size:.9em;   
font-weight:300;   
letter-spacing:.02em;   
text-transform:capitalize;   
margin-bottom:30px; }
</style>
}

Notice the curly brackets outside the style tag? That is a syntax error. Remove those and you should be good.

Let us know how it goes.