Can you have two index pages that behave differently?

Site URL: https://saramorawetz.com

Hi,

I was trying to work out if I could set up two index pages that behave differently? Or give one index two different sets of instructions? 

Currently I have one index page (which is the main home page) that shows text on roll-over.

Ideally, I would like this to remain as the <homepage> but then, if you were to click through to <//projects> then this index would display images from each of the page it links (the linked pages would remain the same) 

So essentially it is one index that has no images when on the homepage and images if you click on <//projects>  (if that makes sense?) 

Any help / advice on how to achieve this would be much appreciated! 

Thanks,

Sara

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Derrick,

Thanks for responding!

I had thought that a second index might be the easiest way –– the issue is though:

(i) I want both indexes to link to the same pages – if I have two indexes, can they direct to the same place (and have the same url) or do I need to double everything? 

(ii) I want the indexes to behave differently – in that I want the home page to have no images just text and the <//projects> page to have fixed images with rollover text. The site style would only allow for one of these options -- is there a way to alter the CSS to allow both cases to be possible?

Appreciate your help! 🙂

Hey @tuanphan,

(i) No – no business plan here. (As an artist, the business plan is the website 😉 ) – can this be achieved without a business plan? 

(ii) If there is specific CSS that would be really helpful –– how would I go about setting that up? 

Essentially I guess I am trying to set up one index  <//home> as it is is currently configured – no image, roll over text (ideally not visible in the navigation bar) and a second index <//projects> that has images displayed, with image disappearing and text appearing on roll over. 

Thanks for your help with this!

Sara

Archived