Can't change template on a primary site? (no link in design menu)

Site URL: http://www.goodpeople.work

Hello!

I'm launching a new site for a consulting co. for a client and I noticed I can't change the template on the primary site. The site is paid for, published w/ a password w/ a personal price plan. I picked the template and style we wanted on a new trial site below (in the the account view) to see how it looked. I'd like to simply switch the primary site to the trail site OR be able to apply the new template from the trial site to the primary site — but the option isn't avail. in the design menu. Screenshots attached.

I have no idea what's happening! :(

Screenshots:

1. primary site design menu — personal pricing plan

2. my own portfolio site design menu — business pricing plan (w/ option to change template)

1.Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 11.48.53 AM.png

2.Screen Shot 2020-05-12 at 11.49.35 AM.png

• Replies 3
  • Views 6.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

7.1 is one template with lots of  named design "layout"s to help start you out. Any one of these named designs can be made to look like the other with style tweaks, but there is only one template so the option to change is not there. You cannot change your site from 7.1 to 7.0 or vice versa, which are very different platforms from each other,  that requires building a second site  and a new account. 

Oh! I knew there was a big update and I didn't know a site could stay in v7 vs. v7.1 This is a new site so that's why the menu is different.

How/where do I access modifying the template for the 7.1 site via "layouts"? I can't seem to find any way to work with the styles...

Thanks so much!

The config controls for 7.1 are very different. A lot of things that were in site styles in 7.0 were scattered around a bit. Those are now grouped in 7.1 with the idea they are going to be mostly site wide changes. Colors, Fonts, General Spacing of elements is under the design button. Fine tuning is still on each page. The edit button up on the left corner gets you to the header and body of each page, then each part has its own edit button, each opens another small panel. The page body has a button that says manage projects if it is an index page, next to it is a pencil button that opens a panel with elements and height and other controls. The blue plus + button allows you to add blocks and other elements to the page.  Index page manage projects opens controls to all  galleries in  that page. This is  where images are uploaded. Page settings are there and are like the ones in 7.0, social image seo, ect. The index page has a gear icon, The gallery pages have three dots that open up a small menu with settings and delete page (careful!) 

The header has a button that says style and that has spacing tweaks there as well. Its a bit funky getting out of these panels, you have to hit done up in the corner where edit was, even if you made no changes, when done you are done.

Any more help I can give just ask for it. 

Archived