Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Adding White Space Between Header and Banner Image

Site URL: https://parsnip-recorder-2g46.squarespace.com

I am using the 7.1 version of squarespace and am having an awful time trying to figure out how to add white space between my header block and banner image. I do not want these two elements running together. I tried adding a blank space, but that is way too thick for what I want to do with my design. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated! parsnip-recorder-2g46.squarespace.com

Use this in custom css and you can add a space in a header and make it much "thinner". 

.spacer-block {
     padding-top: 0;
     padding-bottom: 0 !important;
 }

.spacer-block .sqs-block-content {
      line-height: 0.0em;
 }
 .sqs-layout.sqs-editing .spacer-block {
     min-height: 0;
 }

Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • 10 months later...

Came across this post as I was having same problem; Tuanphan's code doesn't seem to add any whitespace below my header, EXCEPT that it is suddenly visible when I "edit header"; and then it is across the center of the header. Mysterious!

On 3/18/2021 at 11:41 PM, TimothyOD said:

Came across this post as I was having same problem; Tuanphan's code doesn't seem to add any whitespace below my header, EXCEPT that it is suddenly visible when I "edit header"; and then it is across the center of the header. Mysterious!

Did you add to Code Injection/Page Header?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours.

How to: Setup password & share url - Insert Custom CSS - Page Header - Upload Custom Font - Upload File - Find Block ID - Contact Customer Care

• 5 months later...

Running across this problem as well. Adding either tuanphan or derricksrandomviews code to either Design -> Custom CSS or Code Injection/Page Header doesn't seem change anything. Even if I add space blocks after adding derricksrandomviews's code, the height of the space block doesn't change. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I'm pretty sure I know what you are trying to do and you don't need css. You just go to "edit site header, then select "colors" in the universal settings, then unclick where it says "transparent". This will stop the header image from bleeding into the menu. Hope that helps.

• 3 weeks later...