Adding White Space Between Header and Banner Image

Site URL: https://parsnip-recorder-2g46.squarespace.com

I am using the 7.1 version of squarespace and am having an awful time trying to figure out how to add white space between my header block and banner image. I do not want these two elements running together. I tried adding a blank space, but that is way too thick for what I want to do with my design. Any advice here would be greatly appreciated! parsnip-recorder-2g46.squarespace.com

Use this in custom css and you can add a space in a header and make it much "thinner". 

.spacer-block {
     padding-top: 0;
     padding-bottom: 0 !important;
 }

.spacer-block .sqs-block-content {
      line-height: 0.0em;
 }
 .sqs-layout.sqs-editing .spacer-block {
     min-height: 0;
 }

Edited by derricksrandomviews
  • 10 months later...
On 3/18/2021 at 11:41 PM, TimothyOD said:

Came across this post as I was having same problem; Tuanphan's code doesn't seem to add any whitespace below my header, EXCEPT that it is suddenly visible when I "edit header"; and then it is across the center of the header. Mysterious!

Did you add to Code Injection/Page Header?

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 5 months later...

Running across this problem as well. Adding either tuanphan or derricksrandomviews code to either Design -> Custom CSS or Code Injection/Page Header doesn't seem change anything. Even if I add space blocks after adding derricksrandomviews's code, the height of the space block doesn't change. 

• 4 weeks later...