Is it possible to show each copy of a product as a separate item in the storefront?

Let's say I want to press 250 copies of a vinyl album, and sell them online. Each vinyl copy will have a number between 1 and 250 physically written on the paper sleeve.

In order to make it clear to the customer just how exclusive and "limited edition" the vinyl release is, I want each vinyl to be a separate product in the online storefront. In other words: Even though it's 250 copies of the same album, I do not want it to be listed as just one product in the storefront with the number 250 indicating how many copies there are.

So, there's 250 identical items in the storefront. Then, whenever a copy is bought, I want that product to still be visible on in the storefront but I want it to be crossed over or greyed out so that no customer can pay for it twice - and also so that customers can see visually the availability of the vinyl release decline.

The idea is to:

1. Provoke some urgency/FOMO in customers, since they can see just how many copies (and what specific copies) are already sold and which ones/how many are left.

2. Allow customers to choose the vinyl copy with the specific number that they want. I imagine number 1/250 would be hot, but customers may also want the vinyl copy that has their personal lucky number or whatever. Maybe a Douglas Adams/HHGTTG fan wants number 42/250. You get the idea.

Is this possible on Squarespace?

• Replies 0
  • Views 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived