How can i create a secondary navigation in SS7.1?

Site URL: https://hackneydesignstudio.com

Hi people!

Hope someone can help!

I have many pages on my site and i'm looking to cleanly arrange everything on the menu navigation but feel i'm missing an option for secondary or nested menus.

Attached is a screenshot of what i'd like to achieve but happy for someone to suggest a better option.

I've shopped around for a plugin but to no avail.

The issue is that for the the brands i've got pages for, i don't want to build a parent page for that category. I just want people to see that those brand identities fall under that category.

Home page idea for nav.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks @tuanphan

i did actually take a look at this plugin but the problem would be that it on mobile it reverts backs to just a simple menu and i don't want to have to create pages for the options that have no content other than to direct to them to the next page  - do you see what i mean?

48 minutes ago, nancy7891 said:

@tuanphan Say i didn't want the drop down preview? Just for the second options to come down after clicking Brand Guidelines...

Can you suggest a solution for that option?

You mean like this demo: https://turquoise-asparagus-ylha.squarespace.com/team-2?password=abc

Pass: abc

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

1 hour ago, nancy7891 said:

Yes! Exactly that! is this a plugin? Would there be any options to change the styling?

It's just code to split navigation into 2. You can create items into main nav, then I will give the code.

Or send to forum message

Thanks @Tuanphan !

I'm not ready to make those pages live yet though! is this something i can get the code for and then adjust when it's ready?

Also - is there any way of having the fake second nav as a drop down? Or will i be able change it's appearance in any way if i want to?

18 hours ago, nancy7891 said:

Thanks @Tuanphan !

I'm not ready to make those pages live yet though! is this something i can get the code for and then adjust when it's ready?

Also - is there any way of having the fake second nav as a drop down? Or will i be able change it's appearance in any way if i want to?

You can duplicate your site, I can check & give code.

Then you can remove the duplicated site

Or send to forum message

1 hour ago, nancy7891 said:

ah! just saw your link on how to do that @tuanphan

here's the password... VM1884652

You add an item between Press - Merch (you can enter anything)

They will be: Tour - Press - ABCXYZ - Merch

Then I will give the code to make ABCXYZ to break line to split navigation to 2 rows

Or send to forum message

Thanks @tuanphan

I've now updated the pages which resembles what i've got on the site. I'd like it to go...

About Us - How We Work - Brand Guidelines - Submit Request (button) for the first row and then i'd like the rest to appear on drop down after selecting 'Brand Guidelines'. Is that possible?

Archived