Google Search Result

Hi, 

We developed a site using Squarespace. Everything was pretty easy to do. The interface is very user friendly and everything was OK.

My problems started after I put the site online (https://www.anacristinadeoliveira.com).

I followed all the instructions but the site didn't appear in any google search and I don't know what is wrong!

Somebody may help me?

Best Regards,

Michelangelo

• Replies 2
  • Views 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello! How long ago did you go live with the site? And what steps did you take to display the site in Google?

The bad news is that it is 100% up to Google which websites to include in their index and where to put them. The good news is that if you have an excellent website, they are happy to include you. Your site looks like a good start content-wise so my guess is that you will just need to wait a bit. Typically it can take a few weeks for you to start showing up somewhere in search results. And unfortunately it can take 6 months or more for new sites to get out of the "sandbox" and into the top listings. 

I scanned your site quickly to make sure there weren't any obvious things wrong and I didn't see anything that would keep Google from indexing. So my suggestion would be to create a Google Search Console account, grab your Squarespace sitemap,  and add your sitemap. Once you've done that then you've successfully let Google know you're here and where all of your pages are. Now your job is to make this the best site on the internet for your topic. The more content you publish, the more links you'll get and the more content Google has to understand your site and rank you. 

SEO is a marathon and not a sprint (unfortunately).

Hope that helps!

Hi, thanks for your answer, I have already add the sitemap, the site is online from end of March.

It's very strange that the page doesn't appear anywhere.

Don't you think there is something strange?

Thanks a lot, 

Michelangelo

Archived