Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
hdocker

Is it possible to disable Google Address Autopopulate feature in checkout

Question

Site URL: http://www.littleloaves.je

Hi everyone, 

I'm having a bit of trouble where customers on my site are finding it difficult to input their addresses due to the Google Autopopulate function at the checkout. I live in Jersey in the Channel Islands which is not indexed properly on google maps, leaving a lot of properties off the map. As such, when a customer is typing in their address having typed in their house name or number, when they see their street pop up they click it, but it deletes everything they had already inputted, which most of the time goes unnoticed. This is meaning I am having to contact a lot of customers to get their correct address. 

Is there a way of disabling this feature?

Thanks 🙂 

Harriet

5 answers to this question

Hi , It's Easy , Simply copy the code below and paste in Settings>Advance>Code Injection and paste it in Header:

<script
  src="https://code.jquery.com/jquery-1.12.4.min.js"
  integrity="sha256-ZosEbRLbNQzLpnKIkEdrPv7lOy9C27hHQ+Xp8a4MxAQ="
  crossorigin="anonymous"></script>
<script>
$(document).ready(function(){
    $( document ).on( 'focus', ':input', function(){
        $( this ).attr( 'autocomplete', 'off' );
    });
});
</script>

Please Have a look and let me know if it works 🙂

Hey, 
Thanks for this, I really appreciate it! I've added it in, but it still seems to be showing up. See the attached image for what I mean. 

Screenshot 2020-05-11 at 14.59.27.png

17 minutes ago, hdocker said:

Hey, 
Thanks for this, I really appreciate it! I've added it in, but it still seems to be showing up. See the attached image for what I mean. 

Screenshot 2020-05-11 at 14.59.27.png

Oh I though you was talking about the auto filling of Cart form , Unfortunatley  This can't be done in any way possible as Squaresapce manages this functionality , But as work around you can add a anoucment  banner on top  in which you can direct customer to avoid using the auto adderss seletcor etc 🙂

Ahh - Thank you both for your responses, that is really helpful! I will give the announcement banner a try. I'll just figure out how to only make it appear on the checkout next 🙂