Moderating comments

Hi,

I'd like to add a comments section to parts of my website. 

Although the need for this will hopefully be very unlikely, how would I moderate them if there were any inappropriate comments made by users? Can I easily delete them, and is there a way to 'ban' certain individuals from commenting if they are persistently inappropriate? 

Thanks.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can answer for 7.0 comments first have to be allowed. They can be set for moderation, which means the poster sees the comment they left but no one else does until you view it in the config comments panel and approve it. You can decide if people can comment on comments so to speak. You can delete any comment that you don't want. I know of no way to ban folks. But you can always delete a comment from them.  You can require they leave a name, or allow them to  post anonymously. If people comment as FB users their avatar shows up if you allow that.  You can allows comments by default every time you make a post or choose to at the time. 

(Told you I'd be posting a question again!😂)

Thanks...again!😂😂

In its private state, the comments box is not showing the option for name/avatar so will all this automatically appear when my website is live as long as my settings are correct? (I am using the Rally template, v.7.0)

Archived