Changing Shopping Cart Page

Go to solution Solved by tuanphan,

@creedon I checked all the color settings previously and that doesn't seem to be the issue. Certain things are not populating in her site styles. Kinda wonky. She didn't have CSS applied before I made edits. Feel like there are issues on the Squarespace side with this specific site. Should I have her connect with Squarespace? 

7 hours ago, Michelle_0198 said:

I made edits. Feel like there are issues on the Squarespace side with this specific site. Should I have her connect with Squarespace?

Before contacting SS try the following.

Let us know how it goes.

Find my contributions useful? Please like, upvote, mark my answer as the best ( solution ), and see my profile. Thanks for your support! I am a Squarespace ( and other technological things ) consultant open for new projects.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Thank you for helping with these! I have followed the steps as I wanted to change 'shopping cart' to 'basket'. 

All of the above has worked but one small issue is that when the cart/basket is empty it still displays the 'You have nothing in your shopping cart' text underneath the title. Is there a way to edit this?

Also can the page name itself be edited - e.g https://gail-avo.squarespace.com/cart changed to https://gail-avo.squarespace.com/basket

Thank you!

On 7/2/2022 at 5:17 PM, TCiy said:

Hi,

Thank you for helping with these! I have followed the steps as I wanted to change 'shopping cart' to 'basket'. 

All of the above has worked but one small issue is that when the cart/basket is empty it still displays the 'You have nothing in your shopping cart' text underneath the title. Is there a way to edit this?

Also can the page name itself be edited - e.g https://gail-avo.squarespace.com/cart changed to https://gail-avo.squarespace.com/basket

Thank you!

#1. Add to Design > Custom CSS

p.empty-message {
    font-size: 0;
}
p.empty-message:before {
    content: "enter empty new text here";
    font-size: 22px;
}

#2. Not possible

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

• 7 months later...
On 2/15/2023 at 1:26 PM, commonmannersstudio said:

Sorry to open up this forum again - could some please help me change the background colour of the Continue shopping button and how can I remove that white banner below it? Thank you so much. image.thumb.png.5807373fccd475800f66a9a6c340d051.png

The site is private. Can you setup an access password?

Or send to forum message

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! I have a similar issue with mine however on the Member Area pages only.

A website I have currently has two stores - one that everyone can access and the other that only those subscribed to member areas can access.

The "public" shop has the purple header however the "member area" shop does not.

How can I add this in?

(www.absolutecp.co.uk)

Thank you

• 10 months later...
On 2/24/2023 at 11:34 PM, lauren-offpaper said:

Hello! I have a similar issue with mine however on the Member Area pages only.

A website I have currently has two stores - one that everyone can access and the other that only those subscribed to member areas can access.

The "public" shop has the purple header however the "member area" shop does not.

How can I add this in?

(www.absolutecp.co.uk)

Thank you

If you still need this, let me know, we can code custom header for Member Area, just let me know which menu item + Url you want to appear on Member Area Header, I will give the code.

On 1/3/2024 at 5:27 AM, Sarah89 said:

Don't know if anyone will see this, but I need help with the shopping cart label. I was able to change the font and size with some of the code posted, but now it says "shopping cart twice" one is the title generated by squarespace that is too small so I want to get rid of that or be able to change that one.

https://www.willowandknox.com/cart

Screenshot 2024-01-02 at 4.25.24 PM.png

Use this code instead

h2.cart-title {
    visibility: hidden;
}

h2.cart-title:before {
    visibility: visible;
    content: "Shopping Cart 2 345";
}

Or send to forum message

• 2 months later...
  1. Optimize the layout for a seamless and intuitive user experience.
  2. Implement features like suggested items or related products to encourage additional purchases.
  3. Streamline the checkout process with clear calls-to-action and multiple payment options.