Creating the Appearance of Tables

Site URL: https://www.gpdesignguide.org

Hello everyone! I'm working on a site for a non-profit educational program. One component of the site is tabled instructions that can be downloaded or viewed on the site. Initially, we put up PDFs that I converted into images, but the client says this is out of ADA compliance because the text isn't readable as text. So I'm trying to find a workaround. There is of course a table plug-in, but that is for data only in the manner of excel, and I can't format the text inside the cells (to create live links, for instance, to use paragraphs, and to format the text etc.)

I can't figure out a way to array the information in a table-like way with columns. The text blocks just don't seem to behave the way other blocks behave, tending to blur into one another. I'm getting a little bit frustrated that this is the one snag. The site isn't live yet so it will require a password to access, but I've included a screenshot of a table we've been using that we can no longer use. Some of them have more columns. It varies. Does anyone have any ideas about how to display information in rows and columns without formally using a table? Or some other workaround? Text blocks separated by a really thin image or something?

Any help would be appreciated!

Screen Shot 2020-05-09 at 8.49.25 AM.png

• Replies 1
  • Views 441
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived