Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search

Posted (edited)

Hello.

Help! I am unable to edit any of the blocks of a new site build. Trial 7.1 site on windows 10.

Once in Page Edit mode, the header and footer  buttons to edit appear and the header sidebar content is editable. The footer is only editable when I use keyboard tab, not mouse, to bring up content edits. Only sporadically.

All other elements on the page are buggy. I managed to bring up a couple of edit boxes but then lost ability to return to edits. IT DOES NOT look like the squarespace demo training video ease at all! 

On the screen print you can see the plus to add a clock but I can't mouse over to bring up edit the block itself. My mouse is hovered over the photo block. I did open edit once and the logo was inserted but it won't resize. I can't get in to edit or delete  the demo text.

No difference  on ipad. No difference on a new site demo.

Maybe I just need to reinstall? How?

Screenshot 2020-05-09 07.58.49.png

Edited by jem

I'm seeing the demo templates are referring to the originator? Do I change that so it on my own unique platform, url?  

Hey- so I had this issue where I could edit everything one day then the next day- nothing. 

I contacted their live chat support, ran through everything with them and was told they would get back to me- nothing. I did end up finding a solution myself!!! (Please note- I am not a computer person but I will try to explain this in the best way that I know how)

So- if you look at your javascript on the edit page (for windows it'll be Ctrl + Shift + J) and are getting multiple "ISSUE" warnings about 'cookies' or 'Same-site' attributes, that is probably your issue. Google Chrome is constantly updating and in recent updates, plugged this in which didn't integrate well with SS editing tools. Even when I tried different browsers it affected this- I'm not sure why but it did. 

The solution can be seen here: https://github.com/google/google-api-javascript-client/issues/561

Here are the instructions written out:

type this into your browser: chrome://flags/#account-consistency             and disable "SameSite by default cookies", "Enable removing SameSite=None cookies", and "Cookies without SameSite must be secure" 

After that, restart your browser (I had to restart my computer) and you should be back to editing! :)