Code for resizing rather than responsive?

Site URL: https://www.mike-scott.co.uk

Hi, I'm creating a site on desktop and since it's a portfolio that's the main way it should be viewed, but if people do view it on mobile i'd rather it just reduced everything rather than be responsive in the way it currently works, i.e. cropping and moving things, but not resizing.

I don't have an issue with the index page or the profile page and the way it adjusts for mobile, but If you click in to a project page for example https://www.mike-scott.co.uk/projects/studio-ageli you will see how, on smaller screens, it just crops into the images, so you lose a lot horizontally of course, but not vertically. All it would need is a way to constrain the proportions, either entirely or to a greater degree. 

I don't know if I'm describing this clearly, but one other way I was thinking of it is that, below lets say 1000px, for a project page, ideally it would resize each element to the width, and stack the elements like it currently does, whether image, text or space. So on a tall thin device like a mobile you'd see 3/4/5  images and text all at the same time.

I'm not a coder, so if anyone can help or suggest ways to solve this problem please have a look.

Any ideas?

New to squarespace...  thanks in advance!

Mike

• Replies 5
  • Views 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2020 at 9:42 AM, tuanphan said:

Try adding to Project Page Settings > Advanced > Header

<style>
  @media screen and (max-width:767px) {
  section.has-background {
    min-height: 40vh !important;
}
  }
</style>

UPDATE: On the suggestion of SqS Live Chat support, I changed the banner to an image block. With Tuan's code in place (Design > Custom CSS), the desktop image still gets cropped (client finds any cropping completely unacceptable). Who has an answer for this?!

Tuan, On my site, without your code, the desktop banner image renders properly but the mobile gets cropped. When I use your code in Design > Custom CSS,  the mobile banner image is correct (image 1, below), but the desktop banner image is cropped (image 2) unless the browser window is pulled into a long rectangle (image 3). Please note, these are not Project Pages! This banner image was added to a blank page.

The code has the same effect whether banner image is on the homepage (named Gallery) or on just a plain page (named Gallery Blotto). https://alleycatsphotos.com k1ttyc@T

Can you help, please? Thanks!

1664760083_ScreenShot2020-05-21at2_11_36PM.thumb.png.0553a7e87991e0a432abba7967b2a1ac.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 2.13.13 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-05-21 at 2.15.12 PM.png

Archived