Help! Need custom code help to change background color of card image blocks

Hi everyone,

I'm currently helping my client set up her site using the Brine template, Squarespace version 7.0
She wants to make changes to the background colors for her image blocks (card type), such that the background color for the text portion of each block willl be different.
Understand that it needs CSS code for that & that each block requires its own Block ID.

Can anyone help me out by providing the actual code which i need to use, if i want to change the background color for 1, 2, 3 blocks or more?

Thanks in advance! 🙂

John

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My client has created a cover page at the moment, so unable to access the actual site via the domain name.

How about if I take a screenshot of the main page instead? Will that do?

Have attached the following screenshots I took of the homepage of my client's site.
Showing the top & middle sections of her homepage, with the pink coloured background (just as a sample which my client was trying out)

She would like to change the background colours for each block to a different colour.
Just a recap again, the template used is Brine & the version is 7.0.

homepage - screenhot top.png

homepage - screenshot middle 1.png

homepage - screenshot middle 2.png

oh ok.

will be happy to show the URL, but thing is it will only show the cover page, which my client wants to show at the moment since the site is not ready.

and when i try to copy & paste the link for the homepage from the dashboard, it shows the cover page as well. 

so in this case, how do i actually share the link to the the homepage itself?

14 minutes ago, TangoZap said:

oh ok.

will be happy to show the URL, but thing is it will only show the cover page, which my client wants to show at the moment since the site is not ready.

and when i try to copy & paste the link for the homepage from the dashboard, it shows the cover page as well. 

so in this case, how do i actually share the link to the the homepage itself?

Find Page URL & share https://beaverhero.com/squarespace-add-page/#How_to_change_Page_URL

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

6 hours ago, TangoZap said:

i see, ok thanks.

ok did that, the link to the homepage is shown below, but in this case the pink colour doesn't show up:

https://suzan-terzian-draft.squarespace.com/homepage-content

Add to Home > Design > Custom CSS

div#block-yui_3_17_2_1_1585859981208_4615 figcaption {
    background: red;
}

Repeat for other blocks. Replace with block ID. See how to find ID. https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/squarespace-collectionblo/bggpdfnccodbnmcndckmeehdjkjojkde

Email me if you have need any help (free, of course.). Answer within 24 hours. 
Or send to forum message

Contact Customer Care - Learn CSS - Buy me a coffee (thank you!)

Archived