• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Advanced Search
deaton72

Filtering in 7.1

Question

Hello

I am working on a project page for a design firm in 7.1 The PLAN was to make a project gallery and then use the Universal Filter (https://www.squarewebsites.org/products/universal-filter)  to filter projects by type/service/etc... and do so via TAGS and CATEGORIES

The user would filter, then clock on the image and then it would link to a project page. An example is here (https://corn-apricot-zn88.squarespace.com/gallery). If you click on the first image (fire station) you see what we want visually.  But we NEED them to filter! 

Now I see that the only place to add tags is in BLOG posts, not in portfolio/gallery pages or gallery block (I have re-added the gallery block to our 7.1)  We do not want all the info with the blogs showing in either the summary or project page, we just want photos with a rollover.

The Filters says "Universal Filter plugin works with any Squarespace List Collections: Blog, Products, Gallery, Events, Album or Custom Post Types. Also, it works with Blocks which capable to show List Collections: Summary Block, Gallery Block. Some templates has Index of Galleries structure - this also may be used with Filter."

But I cannot see where to add categories/tags in anything except blog posts to make this work. 

Is there a way to add TAGS to the portfolio or gallery blocks? Or is there a workaround with make the summary blog block work without all the text? 

Thanks

11 answers to this question

Hi. found out you can add tags to the photo descriptions in a gallery and then the UF works, but it only does tags and I need 2 categories. I am still working on it. 

I am going to try a summary block and see if that works. I'll let you know 

On 5/7/2020 at 10:08 PM, deaton72 said:

Hello

I am working on a project page for a design firm in 7.1 The PLAN was to make a project gallery and then use the Universal Filter (https://www.squarewebsites.org/products/universal-filter)  to filter projects by type/service/etc... and do so via TAGS and CATEGORIES

The user would filter, then clock on the image and then it would link to a project page. An example is here (https://corn-apricot-zn88.squarespace.com/gallery). If you click on the first image (fire station) you see what we want visually.  But we NEED them to filter! 

Now I see that the only place to add tags is in BLOG posts, not in portfolio/gallery pages or gallery block (I have re-added the gallery block to our 7.1)  We do not want all the info with the blogs showing in either the summary or project page, we just want photos with a rollover.

The Filters says "Universal Filter plugin works with any Squarespace List Collections: Blog, Products, Gallery, Events, Album or Custom Post Types. Also, it works with Blocks which capable to show List Collections: Summary Block, Gallery Block. Some templates has Index of Galleries structure - this also may be used with Filter."

But I cannot see where to add categories/tags in anything except blog posts to make this work. 

Is there a way to add TAGS to the portfolio or gallery blocks? Or is there a workaround with make the summary blog block work without all the text? 

Thanks

Hi. You may use custom function in getAttr and use keywords from Portfolio items SEO Description and 7.1 Galleries Images Descriptions. And sure no problem to have several filtering dropdowns with different options

Hi. You may use custom function in getAttr and use keywords from Portfolio items SEO Description and 7.1 Galleries Images Descriptions. And sure no problem to have several filtering dropdowns with different options

Hi, can you provide examples of how to do this?  Thanks! 

16 hours ago, Cal_D_Sein said:

Hi, can you provide examples of how to do this?  Thanks! 

Edit sub portfolio page settings > Advanced > SEO > Add tag in SEO Description.

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan. I work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. There are so many questions every day so I can't answer them all at once, I will try to answer them in the next few days.

On 6/12/2020 at 12:52 PM, tuanphan said:

Edit sub portfolio page settings > Advanced > SEO > Add tag in SEO Description.

Are you able to provide examples of what the code looks like for this? I'd love to do this as well!

3 hours ago, jezhawk said:

Are you able to provide examples of what the code looks like for this? I'd love to do this as well!

Demo: https://www.loom.com/share/0ffc01fe59c94d41b81605ce18e90542

You can send your question to my email to get faster answer. / How to Setup Password & Share URL 

-- I'm Tuan. I work for a non-profit project (build free libraries). I check the forum once or twice a day to help out the community. If you don't see me answering your question, you can send it to the email above. There are so many questions every day so I can't answer them all at once, I will try to answer them in the next few days.

Was this solved? Do the tags in gallery descriptions and SEO descriptions work for the universal filter plugin - just checking before I purchase it... 

On 8/20/2020 at 12:11 AM, Jase_studio said:

Was this solved? Do the tags in gallery descriptions and SEO descriptions work for the universal filter plugin - just checking before I purchase it... 

It works sure