Prevent homepage image crop on mobile 7.1

There are many questions asking this with no real solution. I am interested in maintaining the full image resized and not cropped on mobile. I've tried searching the forum and adding custom css but the only solution that works results in a large gray space beneath my homepage image.

• Replies 12
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/6/2020 at 6:54 AM, tuanphan said:

I solved some similar questions on forum. Can you share link to your homepage?

Hi there!

I need to re upload my images, removing the earlier ones. In order to improve the user experience and site behavior, I need to reupload few images on my site. I am facing issue in optimizing and resizing my newly uploaded images. By inserting new ones, the site stuck. Have anyone experience the same issue like this one??

Regards, 

Ok, likely going to be cancelling our subscription. Not sure how they justify charging what they do for cookie cutter templates and offer no support... $20/mo to be able to attach a js file? And no forum support?

Hi @acny

Squarespace doesn't provide customer support through this forum. The Squarespace Forum is an online community for Squarespace users and professionals to discuss best practices, seek advice, and share coding solutions for advanced customizations. If you would like assistance with your site, I'd recommend contacting our Customer Support team, who can provide personalized support at anytime.

Thanks!

• 4 months later...

In case anyone else is still looking for a resolution, you can get a full-bleed image to NOT crop using this method:

1. Use a full bleed Gallery section instead of an Image section, and just put 1 image in the Gallery. Turn off arrows and animations.

2. Then you can use the @tuanphan code solution from this thread (pasted here for convenience):

@media screen and (max-width:767px) {
.gallery-fullscreen-slideshow[data-width="full-bleed"] {
    height: 15vh !important;
}
}

Just adjust the 15vh to whatever height works best for your image (it will vary depending on the aspect ratio of your image).

It will look the same as if you had set a background image but will maintain shape & stop (or severely reduce) cropping on mobile.

Archived