Generating discounts in batch

Hi there,

Having fun with Squarespace 7.1 for the first time.

Is there a way to generate a number of unique discount codes in batch? 

It is important for us to generate unique discount codes for our members. Creating them one by one is looooooooooong.

So we're looking for a way to generate them in batches, and ideally export them from Squarespace for easier distribution.

Alternatively, we're open to import coupons if this is also possible.

Patrick

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone,

Same here, I'd like to generate discount codes for "Birthday Emails" for example, so every code is unique and can be used only once. Also if it can be automated and linked to Mailchimp for example, so basically the email triggers every time when one of my subscribers has a bday.

Anyone did it? Even thought about this? Would appreciate any help! 

Thanks,

MosKou

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Batch features for discount codes are definitely needed. We really need to be able to search, print invoices, mark orders fulfilled etc. by discount code used. For example you click the discount code in admin panel and you can see all the details related to orders that have used that particular discount code.

In our case we have large groups of people using the same but unique discount code and it is so troublesome trawling individual orders when processing and fulfilling in a batch etc. 

6 hours ago, Carrzer said:

Batch features for discount codes are definitely needed.

To make a feature request, contact Squarespace Customer Care using a support ticket. 

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 4 months later...

With respect @paul2009 this is really something that should have been a no brainer, logical next step in the development of discount codes.

There are many reasons why a organisation would want to upload in batch. We ourselves want to issue discount codes to individuals and schedule them in to work on a certain date. In this way we can give codes to those who need access to our food aid services on a regular basis.

Without that feature not only is this task laborious, it's also prone to human area and ultimately very, very inefficient.

I know you want to request those here to make a feature request - could you tell us please if an update on any of these types of changes are in the pipeline or forthcoming?

thanks!

Edited by ChrisStreetbox
grammar
8 hours ago, ChrisStreetbox said:

this is really something that should have been a no brainer, logical next step in the development of discount codes. I know you want to request those here to make a feature request - could you tell us please if an update on any of these types of changes are in the pipeline or forthcoming?

Hi @ChrisStreetbox 

This forum is answered by a community of Squarespace users who love to help and encourage others by providing solutions and suggestions. We are not Squarespace employees and so cannot log feature requests or share information about upcoming changes. However, we do want your voice to be heard. The best way to do this is to contact Customer Care as described in item 6 of the forum guidelines.

I hope this helps to explain 🙂

Edited by paul2009

About me: I've been a SQSP User for 18 yrs. I was invited to join the Circle when it launched in 2016. I have been a Circle Leader since 2017. I don't work for Squarespace. I value honesty, transparency, diversity and good design ♥.
Work: I founded and run SF.DIGITAL, building Squarespace Extensions to supercharge your commerce website. 
Content: Views and opinions are my own. Links in my posts may refer to SF.DIGITAL products or may be affiliate links.
Forum advice is free. You can thank me by clicking one of the feedback emojis below. Coffee is optional.

• 1 year later...